It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2007, 01:32 PM   #1
(female)

Kharma HB User
High FSH & LH & Missed periods

Hi everyone,

I'm from the thyroid boards too I'm 44 and for the past few years have had bouts of anxiety, heart palps, extremely heavy period flows, etc. I pretty much attributed it all to thyroid but now I'm suspicious I have/had perimenopause issues also.

I explained to my Dr. my periods have always been very regular and I'm never late but about 8 months ago they became a lot shorter. I'd have one heavier flow day and then it would seem to be over, so it was like 3 day periods. Then about 4-5 months ago my period started earlier than usual and still very light flow. Now the past 3 months I've had no period at all.

The first time I missed a period I was getting night sweats and hot flashes but those have died down since. I've still had mild heart palps but nothing as bad as a year or two ago. The Dr. had me do a FSH and a LH test. The FSH came back at 24.9 and the LH came back at 46.2

Those results along with my symptoms seem to tell me I am indeed in perimenopause but I also had read that a substantially higher LH over FSH could also indicate PCOS. Is that a concern do you think? I'm not able to see my Dr. again for a month to ask.

Thanks for any thoughts

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2007, 10:18 PM   #2
(female)

Kharma HB User
Re: High FSH & LH & Missed periods

This last week my breasts were so sore and tender and yesterday I started menustrating. It's pretty light, but it's a regular flow.

I think I wanna stop being a girl now lol

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2007, 07:07 AM   #3
(female)

Btoons HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharma View Post
This last week my breasts were so sore and tender and yesterday I started menustrating. It's pretty light, but it's a regular flow.

I think I wanna stop being a girl now lol
I think you're probably right in your suspicions. I think you should talk to your doctor about all of this and then 'ride the wave'. You're already taking medication and I'm not sure I'd want to add to that but your doctor will know best. EVEN if you decide to take herbal supplements etc. don't do that without consulting first!

The 'symptoms' you're describing is, for however uncomfortable, normal if it's actually menopause.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:05 AM   #4
(female)

Kharma HB User

Hee, thanks Btoons {{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}} <--hug

I'm only on thyroid meds and would like to keep it that way, but if I decide to try anything it'll be the herbal route AFTER talking to Doc. I'm a chicken about trying things on my own

Closed Thread