It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2007, 06:53 PM   #1
(female)

roland92 HB User
heart racing

Does anyone get racing heart out of the blue. How do you feel when it happens? I am getting it at random. I feel like something inside of me clicks, my heart will start to race and then I feel like I am having an out of body experience. Very weird and scary. T.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2007, 08:12 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

younggranny HB User
Re: heart racing

Yes, I get the racing heart also. How long does your heart race. I can usually feel mine coming on and sometimes i can just take a deep breath and hold it and my heart will then go back to its normal rhythm if that doesn't work and my heart starts racing then it will beat fast for at least an hour then finally go back to normal. I have had testing done on my heart and they could not find anything..but i have noticed lately that i have been having more heart palpitations. so i don't know what is going on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2007, 07:04 PM   #3
(female)

roland92 HB User

It depends on the episode. Mine usually lasts about 20 min on average. It scares the heck out of me. I don't like the out of body feeling when it happens. This symptom scares me the most. T.

Old 09-11-2007, 11:25 AM   #4
(female)

MmeLeota HB User

Yes I am 3 years POST-meno and still get the racing heart palps...the fix for me was taking Calcium/Magnesium in a 2 : 1 ratio..I take 1000 mg Cal with 500 Mag and Vit D all in capsule form (the dose is 6 a day so I take 3 at night so the Palps don't bother me and the other 3 during the day anytime I choose..especially if I get any palps during the day that reminds me) This has definitely saved me a lot of anxiety (I went to the ER when the palps first started...EKG normal and has remained normal I just had this years physical a couple days ago...EKG the same as usual.
They say that the racing palps are caused by a shortage of Magnesium...but I need the calcium and D anyway so I buy the caps that have them all together..just remember the 2:1 ratio with the Cal/Mag.

Last edited by MmeLeota; 09-11-2007 at 11:27 AM.

Old 09-11-2007, 06:16 PM   #5
(female)

roland92 HB User

I did try the magnesium/calcium and I ended up having anxiety attacks after taking it. It came in waves. I don't thing I can take it. T.

Closed Thread