It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2007, 12:15 PM   #1
(female)

yock HB User
How many hot flashes do you get a day?

My hot flashes seem to go in cycles. I'll get them really bad for two months, then they seem to go away completely. My last cycle I was "off" for almost 6 months. They came back in June and I'm averaging about 20 to 30 a day (including the ones that wake me up at night). Is this normal?

Old 08-21-2007, 03:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

liverpool sue HB User
Re: How many hot flashes do you get a day?

i don't think there is a 'normal' for anything during menopause. all these things seem different for everyone, and change constantly. i've found that hot flashes seem to lull me into believing that they've gone (like right now) and then return with a vengance. i'm just grateful when they're not there, and ever hopeful that one day they'll go and never return.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2007, 06:55 AM   #3
(female)

HURTEN HB User

theywere coming every twenty minutes round the clock like labor pains. thenthey stopped and i got it. then they came back witha vengence, i get them in the shower.now they come in droves. i can go almost all day, but if i get stressed theres no stopping them. theycome all during the night. im exhausted.

Old 08-23-2007, 06:11 AM   #4
(female)

jazzybee HB User

The amount of times I get them varies, but I do know that when they do arrive, they are MUCH WORSE than they used to be!

I've noticed that they are definitely worse after I've had a glass of wine. was hoping the connection wasn't linked, but sadly, it is!

Old 08-23-2007, 08:34 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

I have a few flushing episodes during the day, my chest and face get red for a few minutes. Night is when I am drenched. I don't have a hot flash I have a shower. It is horrible My whole body is sweaty.

Old 08-25-2007, 01:29 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

td9997 HB User
Post Re: How many hot flashes do you get a day?

hi,

I get 2 or 3 an hr, all day, about 3 or 4 in a single night, 1 before hubby comes home from work, I get them while I eat, a meal, especially hot foods, I get them while in the shower, then switch the water to cool. When I sleep,

I keep a cold wet wash cloth by the bed, between that and the ceiling fan along with the AC those help. Id die without my AC, Id just die!

Im 50 if I dont eat ANYTHING I dont have hot flashes, Im not a drinker so wine is out, I have only had one mense cycle since last November. Happy about aunt flo staying clear but some days Id rather have aunt flo,Im tryin to be tuff through the hot spells, but some days, it gets me down its such a curse to b a woman, as if we dont go through enuff!!

hrt is no option for me either

good luck!

Old 09-06-2007, 06:19 PM   #7
(female)

Locket25 HB User

I flush every hour day and night if not on HRT for around 5 minutes each time hence I AM on HRT and have been for 20 years and do not look like I will ever be off it. Don't like being on HRT but for me there is no other choice as you name it and I have tried it. Who knows whether it is good or bad anyway as this week b a d next week g o o d.
Kay.

Closed Thread