It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2007, 07:44 PM   #1
(female)

pammcat HB User
perimenopause symptoms

Hello Everyone, I Am New To This Board. I Have Been Reading About Everyone,s Peri Symptoms And Feel Soooo Relieved Because I Have Sooo Many Symptoms And Felt Very Alone....thanks For Sharing....among Other Things I Get Tremor, Shakey, Tingly Feeling All Over, Comes And Goes But Has Been Frequent Over The Past Few Months.....is There Any Way To Relieve This Sensation As It Is Very Weird,,,,this Stresses Me Out The Most...thanks For Listening...p

Last edited by pammcat; 09-20-2007 at 08:00 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2007, 06:07 PM   #2
(female)

lilypad1 HB User
Re: perimenopause symptoms

Hi Pammcat,sorry you have reached a time in your life that brings you to this board,but welcome!Tell us a bit about yourself.I am 49 yrs. old,been in peri about 5 years,can relate to your troublesome symptoms.I take a multi-vitamin,omega 3,B-complex,2 daily dose aspirin,and several herbal teas.Also take Inderal for high blood pressure and ativan 1 mg.at night.Probably my worst symptom has been and still have problems with is depression/anxiety.Sincerely and God Bless lily

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2007, 08:03 PM   #3
(female)

pammcat HB User

lilypad1 Hi this is pammcat.....thanks for your reply...it sure is a stressful time......i'm 45, an artist , teachers aide, been having symptoms for at least 2 yrs. maybe longer...the tremors are weird and most stressful for me....p

Last edited by pammcat; 09-26-2007 at 08:15 PM.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:21 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Laye HB UserLaye HB UserLaye HB User

I'm 45 and having so many odd things happening. Unrelenting anxiety. A lot of pelvic pressure. Feelings of having to urinate all the time. My legs feel like they are going to sleep..just after a short time sitting still. Tons of depression..hair thinning out. You name it. Suddenly, I'm feeling old and I hate it!!!

Old 09-27-2007, 10:16 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

CrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB User

I am so glad to hear from you all ..though I am sad that we all are here with these problems. I am 45 and having so many symptoms of this thing I can't count them all. I have been having symptoms for about 3 or 4 years now, it started with really really heavy periods and anxiety and just progressively gotten worse. I have terrible digestive issues, anxiety and unpredictabe periods. Anyway, the good news is that we have each other to help us through this stage of life!!
Take Care Everyone...Here's to feeling normal again!!!
Crazy

Old 09-28-2007, 12:05 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

marla20 HB User

I have all the same symptons and mine too started with very heavy periods. Also major anxiety. I am on B complex, 3000mg. Vitamin C, fish oil, flax seed oil and a multi-vitamin. I also have ativan as a back up. I hate the feeling of being cloudy and just not feeling right. People don't understand unless they are going through this. When I think back I had very mild symptons about 5 years ago and then the last year started with these periods that are unreal. So heavy I feel like I can't leave the house. (I am a teacher so I do leave the house) My husband had to stop and by me so pants during my very first heavy period when I was bleeding through everything. I was never so scared in my life. Then it stopped the next day and was light and "normal". I now keep everything in my classroom. I have had 11 months of very heavy periods for one day, then 2 or three lights days and then it's over. I have no idea how long this will last. It's an adventure every month. I am so gald I am not alone through this. Marla 20

Old 11-23-2007, 07:40 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Laye HB UserLaye HB UserLaye HB User

It's great to have a support forum like this. Seriously! This is just beginning for me and I can't imagine having to go through this for years to come. I just feel awful most of the time. I have no energy to do anything. Does anyone just feel like the lower half of their body is different? It feels dry and it feels very heavy. Almost like it did after you've given birth. If any of you have given birth. It's that feeling like your pelvic area is trying to hold everything in. It's just uncomfortable. Along with the backaches.

I hate this!

Old 11-23-2007, 09:44 PM   #8
(female)

mcdowell HB User

Hi, you're not alone. Seems we all have some of the same symptoms. I too have unrelenting intestinal problems, but my biggest is the heavy legs like the other gal. They feel like lead, especially after sitting just a little while, they feel like they won't bend and get cold easily, makes it hard to walk, they feel tight, like my skin won't stretch to flex and move them. Its tough, I always walked for miles and ran up & down stairs all day. This can't be over soon enough!!!!!!!

Old 11-27-2007, 09:25 PM   #9
(female)

michellexox HB User

I am also new to this board. It is a relief to find you all. For the past three months, I have had random/skipped/heavy periods. I have also experienced my first adrenaline surges, often with a rise in heart rate. I was diagnosed with a mitral valve prolapse, which has really remained asymptomatic for 36.9 years, but is now sensitive to the adrenaline rushes -- so at least that's what my doc tells me. I am on a low dose of Toprol, and today I began using a natural progesterone cream.

The scariest part of this is the accompanying anxiety. Thank you all for sharing your stories. I have thought once or twice that I might be going crazy, and I've become panicky when at work, or in the car for a long time. I used to travel more frequently, but the thought of getting on a plane or enduring a long car ride makes me a lunatic. These weird questions like "what if an adrenaline rush comes on in the middle of the trip?" "What if it's a heart attack"?, etc. . . even though tests/EKG, etc have come back normal (except the mitral valve thing, which I've been told "don't worry about it").

Thanks again....

Old 11-28-2007, 03:59 AM   #10
(female)

kazy68 HB User
Wink Re: perimenopause symptoms

Hi all, i'm also a newbe here,i myself have been having weird symptoms for the past 3 years,first my Dr's thought i had a bleed on the brain,then it was MS,and now because i have missed 3-4 periods out of 6-7 i am going through the "menopause".Apparently it is the early menopause for me as i am 38,my main and most anoying symptom is the "tingling" almost like dull pins and needles,but because it is on,in,arround (not quite sure wich one)my head it really drags me down and i feel like hell most of the time this will normaly last from a few weeks to a few months and i hate it
My periods when they come are much the same as all yours really heavy for a day or two then they stop and go away,if any one has any great ideas on how to help get rid of this "tingling" i would be most greatfull thanks in advance,hope you are all well,or as well as can be.
kazy68

Old 12-03-2007, 08:43 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

histrblmkr HB User
Thumbs up Re: perimenopause symptoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by marla20 View Post
I have all the same symptons and mine too started with very heavy periods. Also major anxiety. I am on B complex, 3000mg. Vitamin C, fish oil, flax seed oil and a multi-vitamin. I also have ativan as a back up. I hate the feeling of being cloudy and just not feeling right. People don't understand unless they are going through this. When I think back I had very mild symptons about 5 years ago and then the last year started with these periods that are unreal. So heavy I feel like I can't leave the house. (I am a teacher so I do leave the house) My husband had to stop and by me so pants during my very first heavy period when I was bleeding through everything. I was never so scared in my life. Then it stopped the next day and was light and "normal". I now keep everything in my classroom. I have had 11 months of very heavy periods for one day, then 2 or three lights days and then it's over. I have no idea how long this will last. It's an adventure every month. I am so gald I am not alone through this. Marla 20
So tell me taking all of the vitamins you have listed, does it help you? I am not bleeding anymore, for at least 10 months this time, but I do suffer from major panic and anxiety. I am also suffering with stomach problems. Is this ALL related to perimenopause/menopause? This is crazy...........I asked the doc and he said yep, but somehow I feel like there are other things going on. I am will to try anything to make these feelings go away.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:49 AM   #12
(female)

luvfraz HB User

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has replied to you about your post. I am really very new to the whole peri/menopause thing too. Night sweat, feeling strange down there etc. I have been battling a major yeast infection that is driving me crazy. Starting AZO tablets every day per doc's orders to see if that takes care of reoccurence of these things. Also really dry down there, itchy, no sex drive. Just awful!! So glad for this board and that we can be support for each other.
LS

Old 12-07-2007, 12:18 PM   #13
(female)

michelle60 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazy68 View Post
Hi all, i'm also a newbe here,i myself have been having weird symptoms for the past 3 years,first my Dr's thought i had a bleed on the brain,then it was MS,and now because i have missed 3-4 periods out of 6-7 i am going through the "menopause".Apparently it is the early menopause for me as i am 38,my main and most anoying symptom is the "tingling" almost like dull pins and needles,but because it is on,in,arround (not quite sure wich one)my head it really drags me down and i feel like hell most of the time this will normaly last from a few weeks to a few months and i hate it
My periods when they come are much the same as all yours really heavy for a day or two then they stop and go away,if any one has any great ideas on how to help get rid of this "tingling" i would be most greatfull thanks in advance,hope you are all well,or as well as can be.
kazy68
i also have the tingle like systoms in my feet and lower part of both legs. i have been through all the tests and nothing is wrong. last month this started 18 days after the wierd double period i had and lasted 2 weeks then just went away. now this month 19 days after a period it started again. this must be hormones or the systoms would not disapear for over a month and occure almost the same amount of time after a period as last month. watch your systoms and see if they are along the same time frame each month.

Old 12-07-2007, 04:14 PM   #14
(female)

pamg6 HB User

Hi Ladies,

I too believe I am in perimenapause!!!! I am 47 and am having "over the top" anxiety, depression, dizziness, heavyier than usual cycles, tingling all over, etc. Is there a list of Peri symptoms that you all are referring to? How do I find this list? lets keep this thread going, because I know I could certainly use the support through this time!!!!

Pam

Old 12-07-2007, 04:17 PM   #15
(female)

kazy68 HB User

Hi there, I havr read many posts on this site now,well i think i have read them all ,and a lot of ppl are taking vitamins,do you need a script from your GP to take these vitamins or is it ok to buy them over the counter,i would love to take something that worked or at least helped with what we are all going through,i am only 38,well 39 on the 10th but i dont like to think about that my age just means i am getting old,i just cant understand why i am going through this and i have not yet reached 40 i have two sisters older than me who are loving being in their 40's and here is me hating being in my 30's.I know my mom was 39 when she started the meno and went through it for around 12-13 years,she was also quite ill,i remember her passing out on me when we were out shopping one day,any reply on the vitamins would be most helpfull thanks for all your help.
kazy68

Closed Thread