It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2007, 12:43 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

vickie45 HB Uservickie45 HB User
Question what does HRT do to help relieve the meno symtons??

hi im going back to gyn on oct 9th to be placed on HRT iam 45 and i went into meno early because i had 1 ovary removed why i do not know i still have everything else i had the surgery 1/30/06 2 weeks later i went into sudden but then i leveled back out ok dec 06 was my last period ok jan 07 i found out i had hypo thyrold took meds till july couldnt take them and why because i went to my gyn and my levels without the meds are normal range 2.8 ok heres my symtons i wake like 2-3 hrs ahead before time to get up ,i get hot at times then cold .sometimes i get depressed and sometimes i cry not all the time but when i was on the thyrold meds at first they helped me but i wasnt in meno when i first started the thyrold meds now just recently my tsh levels were going down on there own because everytime i took one i felt horrible id faint ,i was more depressed and cried while on the thyrold meds ok been off them 8 weeks and im within normal range so what im asking has any of you took the HRT not sure which ones are out there but will they help me sleep at night .and like help with the hotness which i dont have alot of that my main trouble is the waking up and i also have panic attacks ,headaches ,no sexdrive and no energy i take b-12 for that and it helps alot the whole 9 mos i was on the thyrold meds i felt horrible not once did i ever feel good well in the beginning i did i was able to sleep through the night and was depressed or nothing i dont mind being meno why because i finally found out what was causing all my troubles i was told its my thyrolds well come to find out most was meno so what im asking is what does the HRT do to help like how good is it and does it help you sleep through the night and all that good stuff and im not scared to take it i need relieve my gyn did tell me im still producing all the hormones but iam in meno so can anyone help me out here im so tired of waking in the morning 3 hrs before time to get up now i dont wake every morning but sometimes and my poor hubby whos stood by me through all of this will it help with the sexdrive cause as of right now i dont care if i have the sex or not .so please anyone out there who takes any type of HRT tell what it does to help with symtons.??????
thanls any advice would help....
vickie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2007, 12:08 PM   #2
(female)

Suzi Q HB User
Re: what does HRT do to help relieve the meno symtons??

When I took HRT I noticed that my moods were a little better, my sex drive was slightly higher, sex wasn't as painful and I didn't have any hot flashes or night sweats. plus my mind didn't seem so foggy, causing so much forgetfulness.

Last edited by Suzi Q; 09-24-2007 at 12:10 PM. Reason: addition

Closed Thread