It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2007, 09:36 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

vickie45 HB Uservickie45 HB User
Unhappy can menopause make you cry and cry and cry alot? or could it be depression.NEED HELP!

I ALL SORRY BUT I JUST NEED SOME ADVICE SO BAD IM WONDERING IF ALL MY CRYING IS DUE FROM THE MENO OR STRESS OR DEPRESSION,MY 15 YR OLD JUST GOT OUT OF MENTAL HOSPITAL BECAUSE SHE CUT HERSELF ALL UP AND WAS TRYING TO DIE ,MY HUSBAND IS MEAN TO ME VERBUL HE TREATS ME LIKE A CHILD AND IM 45 PLUS I LIVE IN A WHEELCHAIR IF I LEAVE WHICH IS JUST TO GO TO DRS MY HUSBAND TAKES ME I HAVE AGRAPHOBIA WITH SEVERE PANIC DISORDER ,I WENT TO VISIT MY DAUGHTER AND WAS TOLD IF I CRIED OR HAD A PANIC ATTACK ID HAVE TO LEAVE SHE WAS THERE FOR 5 DAYS AND I WAS ONLY ALOUD TO SEE HER 1 HR A DAY PLUS I WAS ONLY ALOUD TO TALK TO HER ON PHONE 2 TIMES A DAY FOR 10 MINS .MY LIFE IS A MESS MY GYN DID SAY IM IN MENO BUT HERE IN THE PAST MONTH ALLS I BEEN DOING IS CRY AND CRY AND CRY AND SOMETIMES ALLDAY AND IF I GO TO DRS I CRY AND THEN I ALSO FAINT I HAVE HORRIBLE HEADACHES BUT THE DR SWITCHED MY B/P MEDS TO SEE IF THE HEADACHES GO AWAY FROM THE BRAND I WAS ON I GET SO DEPRESSED I SOMETIMES FEEL LIKE LIFE ISNT WORTH LIVING IM NOT GOING TO DO THAT BUT I DO FEEL LIKE IT AT TIMES IM ONLY 45 AND HAD 1 OVARY REMOVED IN JAN 06 I GET HOT BUT NOT THAT MUCH AND I WAKE SOMETIMES A BIT EARLY THE MAIN THING IM HAVING IS 1 I CRY AND CRY AND CRY AND IM DEPRESSED PLUS MY PULSE HAS BEEN RUNNING 130 AND I FEEL LIKE IM GOING CRAZY IF I DO DECIDE TO TAKE HRT WILL ALL THESES SYMTONS GO AWAY ???? I SEE GYN OCT 9TH BUT OMG I CANT STAND THE CRYING AND MY HUSBAND DONT UNDERSTAND ME SO MY GYN IS SENDING A PAMPLET TO HIM TO LET HIM KNOW WHAT A WOMAN GOES THROUGH BUT HE PROB WONT READ IT .CAN MENO MAKE YOU CRY THIS MUCH OR COULD IT BE MY STRESS AND PANIC IM SO VERY CONFUSED I USE TO HAVE THYROLD DISODER BUT IT WENT AWAY THANK HEAVENS FOR THAT ,NOW ITS TE CRYING AND FAINTING AND PANIC BUT I HAD PANIC AND AGRAPHOBIA SINCE FEB 2006 RIGHT AFTER MY SURGERY .SO CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHATS GOING ON WITH ME I NEED HELP AND CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHICH IS BETTER ANTI D'S OR HRT?
VICKIE

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2007, 11:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rheanna HB Userrheanna HB User
Re: can menopause make you cry and cry and cry alot? or could it be depression.NEED H

vickie45,

I'm not a doctor, but it doesn't sound to me like you're depressed. It sounds to me like you're over-stressed (understandably!). My suggestion would be to go on HRT. Having low hormones from menopause makes it much harder to cope with all the stress going on in your life right now. Your family and health problems are enough to make anyone stressed. And having low hormones makes you much more emotionally unstable (thus all the crying). If you can get at least one thing stable in your life at the moment, then you can concentrate on the other things.

One thing you might consider, in addition to HRT, is counseling. It sounds like you are trying to cope with a lot of heavy issues without anyone supporting you in your stress. Counseling can help give you that support and give you some ideas to help you cope and maybe some ideas to help you sort out what needs to be done in all these various stressful areas of your life.

Hrt can be a big help right now. Once things are a bit calmer in your life, you can decide if you want to continue to take the hormones. But for right now, take them.

--Rheanna

Old 09-29-2007, 07:27 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

vickie45 HB Uservickie45 HB User
Re: can menopause make you cry and cry and cry alot? or could it be depression.NEED H

Rheanna,thanks for responding and yes i have a appt with a psychiatrist and also a group session ,then im telling them i want a couseler because i need to get out all the stuff thats bothering me im no dr either and i didnt think meno made you cry daily ,see i was told i have a depression disoder but i didnt take the meds cause the anti d'd well i tried several and they didnt eem to help but if i see the psychiatrist and he says i may need them i guess i will they put my daughter on them for bipoar and depression,i go oct 9th to gyn about hrt can i ask this are they save they will put me on the low dose my one sister just started taking hers and i think i should take them thats why they are out there for and according to my gyn she said they are better then what people use to think about them and yes once i get my stress under control id prob feel tons better im hoping my husband reads the pamplet so he can better understand me and it would help if he went to couseling with me too. so i guess its time to pull myself out of this rut im in RIGHT and yes couseling helps if i get a good one i had 1 i loved but she moved away and then got this other one and she was nice and all but kept looking at the clock till our hr was up.
vickie (gods ))))

Closed Thread