It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2007, 06:51 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

vickie45 HB Uservickie45 HB User
Unhappy can someone please tell me what hrt does to relieve symtons of postmeno?? please help

IM WONDERING WHAT ALL THE HRT RELIEVES FOR YOUR POST MENO LIKE SAY
1.HOTFLASHES_ I HAVE THIS BUT NOT BAD
2.DEPRESSION_I HAVE THIS BAD BUT NOT SURE IF ITS MENO OR STRESS
3.CRYING_THIS TOO COULD BE FROM STRESS
4,CRABBINESS_I HAVE THIS BUT NOT TOO BAD
5.LACK OF ENOUGH SLEEP_I SOMETIMES WAKE EARLY BUT NOT ALL THE TIME
6.SEXDRIVE_I HAVE NONE I LOST INTEREST IN THIS
I HAD 1 OVARY AND TUBE REMOVED JAN 06
THEN IN JAN 07 I WAS HYPO THYROLD BUT NOW MY THYROLD IS WITHIN NORMAL RANGE AND WITHOUT MEDS EVERYTIME I TOOK A PILL ID BLACKOUT
SO I STOPPED ITS BEEN GOING ON 10 WEEKS SINCE I TOOK A PILL AND MY TSH IS 2.8 T4 IS 8.1 I FEEL GOOD EXCEPT FOR THE DEPRESSION AND CRYING BUT IT COULD BE STRESS MY DAUGHTER JUST GOT OUT OF HOSPITAL FOR CUTTING HERSELF SHE TRIED TO KILL HERSELF PLUS I CANT DRIVE NOR GO ANYPLACE OR I FAINT I HAVE SEVERE PANIC DISORDER WITH AGRAPHOBIA AND IF I WAS TO TAKE HRT HOW SAFE ARE THEY AND HOW WILL I FEEL ON THEM ARE THEY BETTER THEN THE ANTI D'S???
PLEASE ANYONE WHOS EVER OR IS GOING THROUGH MENO COULD SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT TO DO I EVEN AT TIMES WISH ID DIE CAUSE I FEEL IM A BURDEN TO MY FAMILY BUT I DONT I JUST FEEL THIS WAY PLEASE HELP IM ONLY 45 AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO....
VICKIE

Old 10-01-2007, 08:20 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: can someone please tell me what hrt does to relieve symtons of postmeno?? please

Menopausal symptoms are caused by a loss of estrogen production in the body. HRT (hormone replacement therapy) replaces the estrogen. It's like taking an iron pill if you are iron deficient. The problems you are experiencing are due to a lack of hormone production. HRT replaces that. Make sense?

I have never understood why a woman would want to take anti-depressants for a condition caused by low hormone production. It's like taking a vitamin when you have a headache. Only anti-depressants are drugs that can impact your driving, operating machinery, etc. No thank you! I quit my gyno that prescribed belladonna for perimenopause. I don't want to be drugged! I want to be myself.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2007, 03:21 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smile Re: can someone please tell me what hrt does to relieve symtons of postmeno?? please

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH THAT RELIVED ME ALOT AND YES YOUR RIGHT WHY TAKE ANTI D'S BUT ALOT OF WOMEN DO BECAUSE THEY ARE SCARED TO TAKE THE HRT IM NOT SCARED I JUST WANT TO FEEL GOOD AND ANTI D'S NEVER EVER HELPED ME AT ALL AND ACCORDING TO MY GYN I CAN TAKE THEM FOR LIFE AS LONG AS I KEEP MY YRLY AND MAM'S DOME REGULARLY WHICH I PLAN ON DOING SO I GO OCT 9TH UNLESS I CAN GET IN SOONER BUT IF NOT I WILL WAIT IT OUT MY SISTER STARTED HERS SHES ON PREMERA HOWEVER YOU SOPELL IT ITS EITHER THAT ONE OR PREMPRO NOT SURE SHE GETS ME CONFUSED .AND YES ANTI D'S MAKE YOU TIRED AND SLEEP OMG BEFORE THEY FIGURED IT WAS MENO AND THYROLD THEY PUT ME ON EFFEXOR XR FOR 10 MOS AND I FELT SO HORRIBLE IM NOT ON ANY AND MY GYN DOES WANT ME TO TAKE HRT FOR LIFE CAUSE SINCE LOOSING THE OVARY MY ESTROGEN IS LOW SO CAN I ASK YOU THIS DO YOU TAKE THEM AND HOW WELL DO THEY WORK AND HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE BEFORE YOU START FEELING GOOD AGAIN????
THANKS SO MUCH FOR RESPONDING YOU MADE ME FEEL ALOT BETTER BY LETTING ME KNOW AND YOUR CORRECT ANTI D'S DONT REPLACE THE HORMONES 1 BIT AND ALLS THE ANTI D'S DOES IS MAKES US FEEL WORSE NOT BETTER ANYWAY FOR ME I FELT WORSE .MY SISTER TOLD ME SHE TOOK 3 SO FAR AND FEELS GOOD SO IS THIS TRUE OR DO THEY WORK DIFFERENT FOR DIFFERENT PEOPLE I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT HRT BUT IM WANTING TO LEARN ALL I CAN SINCE I WILL BE ON THEM FOR LIFE...
(((HUGS AND THANKS SO MUCH FOR RESPONDIND)))
VICKIE

Old 10-01-2007, 04:22 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: can someone please tell me what hrt does to relieve symtons of postmeno?? please

It took about 2 weeks, maybe 3, before all my symptoms went away. Everyone is different...and there are many HRT meds on the market. So, what works for one might not work as well for another. It can be trial and error.....good luck!

Old 10-01-2007, 08:13 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU MADE ME FEEL SO MUCH BETTER CAUSE I SURE DIDNT WANT THEM TO TAKE NO 6 WEEKS OR 6 MOS THE MAIN SYMTONS IM HAVING NOW IS I BEEN GETTING MORE HOTFLASHES AND THE CRYING ISNT AS BAD JUST HERE AND THERE AND I GET SOME DEPRESSION BUT NOT AS BAD AS BEFORE BUT I THINK THAT WAS DUE TO STRESS OVER MY DAUGHTER BUT I SURE GET HOTNESS AND I HAVE SEVERE PANIC BUT I HAD IT BEFORE BUT ITS GOT WIORSE AND NOT SURE IF IM HAVING PALPS OR IF ITS SOMETHING ELSE MY B/P IS GOOD BUT HEARTRATE RUNS LIKE THIS 90-126 NOT EVERYDAY MOST DAYS ITS LIKE 95-106 BUT WHEN IM REAL STRESSED ITS 125 .IM SEEING DR TOMORROW BECAUSE HE SAID HE WANTS TO SEE IF I HAVE HEART RITHUM IF THATS HOW YOU SPELL IT ,SEE I WORE A HEART HOLTER AND I WAS HAVING THEM FAINTING SPELLS AND MY HEARTRATE WENT TO 180 ALSO CAN YOU TELL ME IF MY OVARIES OR MY HORMONES FOR THAT MATTER ARENT WORKING RIGHT SINCE IM NOT ON HRT YET CAN THIS CAUSE FAINTING OR DO YOU THINK MAYBE ITS MY EXTREME PANIC ???
BOY I SURE HOPE THEY WORK FOR ME I NEED SOME RELIFE THE HOTNESS IS DRIVING ME NUTS AND THE PANIC HOPE IT EASES THE PANIC ALSO .
THANKS FOR RESPONDING .

VICKIE

Closed Thread