It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2007, 01:21 AM   #1
(female)

Alabasterlyn HB User
Menopause and vivid dreams

I guess I would be classed as post menopausal now as I haven't had a period for about 5yrs and yet still I seem to be suffering.

My night sweats had pretty much settled into a pattern of being quite light and only waking me up maybe once or twice a night.

However the past couple of weeks I am waking up like every hour or so with them and each time I am woken up I'm in the middle of some crazy vivid dream. These aren't scary dreams or nightmares, just really weird mixed up dreams about people I know and usually people I haven't seen for years.

Last night I counted how many times I woke up and how many vivid dreams I had and it was around 7! I don't feel like I've had a good nights sleep, I feel exhausted.

When I think about it I haven't had a full night's sleep for 5yrs now. Does this sound like part of the menopause to anyone? Will it ever go away? I'm just so fed up with it

Old 10-15-2007, 12:03 PM   #2
(female)

MmeLeota HB User
Re: Menopause and vivid dreams

I had the opposite problem once I started peri-meno in 1997 I stopped any dreams or at least any memory of a dream...I am 3 years Post-meno and in the last year I started dreaming again but weird ones...last night it was Bee's...little ones and big ones...but thankfully they didn't sting me! I hate Bee's..so it wasn't a nightmare..just Bee's flying around us.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2007, 10:45 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Ronnied HB UserRonnied HB User

Hi,

I have terrible nights at the moment, hot sweats, waking up every half hour, hardly getting any sleep, to the point I feel I would rather stay up. I am also having very strange dreams, and I feel it is the menopause, I keep having dreams of accidents and people being hurt. Only last night someone crashed their car, flew out of the window, and smashed their legs on the curb! Trouble is these dreams wake you up and the whole process starts again because you are hot you have to get up and freshen up, then you are wide awake! I am on steroids for arthritis and a friend has told me it could be the steroids keeping me awake, but the dreams I am sure are the menopause. I used to get really weird dreams just before my periods years ago before I had a partial hysterectomy. Hope you all manage to get some sleep, it is so frustrating isnt it?

Regards
Ronnie

Old 10-16-2007, 12:29 AM   #4
(female)

Alabasterlyn HB User

Hi Ronnie

Well I'm glad it isn't just me having this problem, although I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I can't believe I've had problems for over 5yrs now, I was hoping it would all be in the past by now. I am too scared to take HRT as I never know what to believe about it, one minute it's bad for you, the next it's good. I can't even take herbal remedies as I take an anti depressant that doesn't mix well with other stuff.

Old 10-16-2007, 07:55 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Ronnied HB UserRonnied HB User

Hello,

I agree with you, it seems to go on forever. I have been told cannot have hrt because of past blood clots, so suffer in silence I guess. I have been told to buy vitamin b6, and evening primrose oil, which I am taking along with my steroids for arthritis, I spoke to my rheumatologist yesterday and told her my troubles, she has HIGHLY recommended buying flashfighters from health shop, dont know if you can get them, but I ordered them today, definitely going to try them. I am so tired during the day because I am not getting any sleep, just seem to want to sit in my chair, what with the arthritis as well I have been sitting too much. Hope you can find something to alleviate your probs soon.

Regards Ronnie

Closed Thread