It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2007, 11:38 AM   #1
(female)

hensiop HB User
Wink thicking of the womb

i have recently had a period after 4 years,my gyne has tod me the lining of my womb is 6.7 and quite thick so have to have a hysteroscopy under ga,what are the reson's for this thicking,does it happen with age, i am 56,i am very worried about it all.
thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2007, 10:23 PM   #2
(female)

motchr HB User
Re: thicking of the womb

From what I have read, thickening of the uterine lining is caused by an excess of estrogen. I have been told I have the same thing and will be having a hysteroscopy/D&C next week. I am scared too, as I know the doctor is checking for cancer. I will be 56 next week and have never gone through a natural menopause, unfortunately. I was put on HRT 4 years ago after having been on birth control pills for many years. The doctor told me I was in menopause cause of my age and thin vaginal lining. I continued to have periods, so I switched to a different doctor 2 years ago. Since then I have had 2 internal ultrasounds which came back normal and a third one 2 weeks ago that came back abnormal (thickened uterine lining). I have never stopped spotting this whole time with an occasional regular period thrown in for good measure. Please post to let us know the results of your test. I am hoping we will both be fine! Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2007, 12:00 PM   #3
(female)

hensiop HB User

thank you for responding to my question,did they give you a measurent for the lining of your womb? it's all very worrying.

Old 10-30-2007, 01:05 PM   #4
(female)

saragypsy HB User

Hi girls.
I too had thickening of the uterine lining...I don't know the measurement but the doctor said "three times thicker than normal". And I had to have a hysteroscopy/d&c and a biopsy and a polyp removed in august. All was fine. And the procedure is a piece of cake! You'll feel fine afterwards. Just alittle spotting for a few days. I was using premarin vaginal cream at the time he discovered the thickening. I was spotting and that's why I had the transvaginal ultrasound. The estrogen thickens the uterine lining and that needs to be checked for hyperplasia and/or cancer. Now that I don't have that...as of yet!!...I'm back on estrogen...only it's vagifem tablets now. No spotting so far.
I'll be thinking of you both. Please let me know how it turns out. It's good to check things out.
Saragypsy

Old 11-01-2007, 10:22 PM   #5
(female)

motchr HB User

Thanks for the good thoughts. I am getting more worried as there are just 3 more days until my procedure. I try to keep from thinking about it, but it is hard not to. The outpatient center called today with all of my prep information. They said it would be 7-10 days after the hysteroscopy/D&C before the pathology report would be completed. I am really scared that it could be cancer. Hopefully not, but........The doctor did not tell me any measurement for how thick my uterine lining was. Well....11:20 p.m. and up for work tomorrow at 6:00 a.m. I guess I should try to get some sleep but that is easier said than done. Take care everyone!

Closed Thread