It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2007, 06:04 AM   #1
(female)

mcdowell HB User
Ache all over

Does anyone wake up in the morning and feel like someone beat the crap out of you in the night and you didn't know it???? Some mornings, and it seems to go in cycles, I ache everywhere, I'm stiff everywhere, even my hands hurt to bend and squeeze them. My abdomen and back feel like someone rabbit punched me all night, it feels like body flu, only you are not sick. You start thinking you have muscle disease, or fibro., something. Is it really all menopausal?

Old 11-13-2007, 08:01 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

marla20 HB User
Re: Ache all over

This is me!! Only during certain times of the month. I always say I feel like I got run over by a truck in the middle of the night. I am 51, still getting my period but I am without a doubt in perimenopause. I have every symptom and more. I can't tell you a lot that works for me. I am on a vitiman plan and food plan, but personally I think none of that is really helping. THis is just the cycle we are in.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2007, 05:20 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

NY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB User
Re: Ache all over

mcdowell,
I too suffered the exact same symptoms and couldnt' for the life of me think this was normal for my age. I'm now 47 and it all began 3 yrs ago.
it only got worst.
I was JUST diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I thought I had it, becasue so many people I met told me they think I had it. I never mentioned it to my dr and always thought he'd test me for it, why should I mention it?
my family dr referred me to a rheumatologist and he tested me for it and I thought i was going to hit the roof I was in so much pain when he put pressure on the pressure points of my body. there are pressure points that hurt like heck if pushed on. I knew something was wrong from just doing menial things that required manual work. gardening, doing projects around the house or at work that required physical engergy. I was feeling flu like all the time, wanting to sleep more, having constant aches and pains, starting in my lower spine and hip and neck, arms, fingers, scalp of back of head, you name it, Ihad it.
oh and not to mention feeling like I"d been hit with a mack truck in the course of the night too when i woke up. stiff, can't bend hte fingers, just putting pressure on my feet hurt when i stood up.
well, I was already dx'd with osteoporosis and osteoarthritis of my spine. so I thought that's what was causing all that pain.
I was put on non steroidal anti inflammatories that didn't work from my internist. so after finding out I have fibro too, he gave me something else. still the same class of drug, but stronger and something that would take effect immediatly and not a week from now.
he also did a very very important test and he even asked me if any of my dr's have ever performed one. a "Vitamin D test"
well, I almost fell off my chair when I went back to him and he told me mine mine was extremely low. <removed>
you will not believe the symptoms.
I started taking a calcium pill that had D in it. but he also now told me to supplement that with a dosage of vitamin D each day.
My back pain that was so severe in the middle of the night has gone, I don't feel achy and in pain anymore during the day. I am like the person I was once before, three years ago.
Vitamin D is needed in your body to be healthy and you can even die if levels are too low. it's simple to replenish it, but certain illnesses can cause the deficiency, like malabsorption problems, kidney or liver disease, lupus, and a few other things can cause it.
the only pain I now suffer with and which is nothing compared to what it was like is that I have the fibro flu like feeling in my head and my fingers in the mornings are stiff and achy and hurt to bend them. it takes a few hours for my methadone to kick in and my coffee before the uncomfortableness goes away.
I am trying to make as many people I can aware of vitamin D deficiency.
I eat very healthy too so I know it's not caused from not eating enough good food. plus i would get sunshine on my skin five days a week at work by going out on my breaks. so it wasn't from lack of sunshine.

If I could possibly save you the suffering if you have it, then I did my job as a fellow citizen to help someone.
I wish you well and hope you find out what's the cause of you feeling the way you do.
oh, and my achiness is not by lack of estrogen. because I've been taking estrogen since 2005 when I had the hysterectomy. I take the patch form which is supposed to be closet to our own naturally produced estrogen.
I couldn't live without my patches because the symptoms of menopause are so debilitating to me. I tried to go without hormones to see if I could manage it, but I couldnt. the being not able to sleep soundly, the constant furnance like flushes of heat that would radiate through my body all day and all night was simply horrible. not to mention my hair becoming dry and brittle, my face and skin became dry and my moods were horrible.
those were the menopause symptoms I suffered before going on estrogen.
I don't need progesterin because i dont have a uterus. when a woman is on estrogen, they have to take progestrin to prevent uterine cancer from just the estorgen if they have a uterus.
my total hysterectomy set me off into what they call "surgical menoapuse". you go into it suddenly, rather than gradually like it normally would in the course of years.
woman don't realize it beings happening as early as their 30's. Their estrogen levels start dropping.
it takes years for it to happen.
I find the human body to be simply amazing and can talk about this subject for hours as you can see by the length of my post.
if you'd like to discuss further, just send me a reply.

Linda

Last edited by mod-anon; 11-17-2007 at 05:37 AM. Reason: do not instruct members to do outside searches

Closed Thread