It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2007, 07:13 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

viktik HB User
HELP...Has anyone started to bleed after 1 year without a period??

Hi everyone,

I'm very nervous this morning. I had some bleeding a few minutes ago, and I have gone a whole year without a period. Has this happened to anyone else here?? I'm going to call my doctor's office, because he said he wanted to know if I had any bleeding at all. Please let me know if any of you have had this happen. I appreciate any responses so much...

Thanks,
viktik

Old 12-18-2007, 11:17 AM   #2
(female)

Stavia HB User
Re: HELP...Has anyone started to bleed after 1 year without a period??

That happened to me after I had gone about 16 months without a period. It was just a tiny amount of blood, but I saw my doctor. He sent me off for pelvic and transvaginal ultrasounds. The ultrasounds didn't show anything abnormal, so the doctor said it was probably just the "last hurrah".

Having some bleeding after a yeat isn't so very unusual, from what I've heard, and it usually turns out to be nothing, but it does need to be checked out, because it could be a sign of endometrial cancer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2007, 09:04 PM   #3
(female)

percan HB User

Viktik,

For your own peace of mind have it checked out. But DO NOT WORRY.

In Europe, they do not use 1yr as the marker, they use 17 months. Because many women have a period up to then. Some even after. There have been many threads on this board about this, and just among the women I know, more than half of them (including me!) have had a period after one year. So yes, get yourself checked out, but do not lost any sleep over it.

Old 12-19-2007, 07:02 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User

Yes, I had a normal period almost to the date of 1 year. I am now 5 years post and that was the last one.

It happens all the time. In fact, like the last poster said, the Eastern part of the world uses 17 months because it is so common to have a period 1 year post.

There are others here that have had them up to 3-4 years post.

Our hormones actually take up to 10 years to settle down even after that year mark. Many women have symptoms up until that time, me included.

Don't worry about this one.

Old 12-20-2007, 08:33 PM   #5
(female)

sjde HB User

I had a period after 11 months and then again about a year later. The first time the doctor did a uterine biopsy. Everything was fine. Now it's been 1 1/2 years and I had another odd thing happen. I was sure I ovulated! But no period followed. Still-I had all the signs I used to have, like that soreness in that lower left area for a couple of days, the wet feeling for about a week, then extremely sore breasts. Every now and then I still feel little ovarian twinges, like I used to before my periods stopped.

Sue

Old 12-22-2007, 06:42 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

viktik HB User

Thank you all so much for your responses. I really appreciate it! I called my doctor the morning that I had the bleeding, and he wanted me to come in that afternoon, no matter what other plans I may have had. (He's very thorough, and I'm glad he is.) He called my gyny and she was able to see me the next day a 12:30. She said everything looked and felt normal, but she still wants me to have an ultrasound, just to be sure. I'll make that appointment after Christmas, and I'll let you know...

Happy Saturday!
viktik

Closed Thread