It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2008, 09:46 PM   #1
(female)

Robin131 HB User
Anyone else buzzing???

<ref: http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=238343>

Quote:
<by newbie5> Hello, I've posted a few times previously. I just wondered if anyone else has experienced a kind of "buzzing" in their feet or elsewhere? I notice a buzzing/pulsing/tingling mainly in my left foot, some tingling/buzzing in my right thigh (along with muscle twitches). I didn't know if this was one of the many wonderful peri symptoms, or if anyone else has had this. I have read where some people have had "internal trembling", but am not sure if they resemble each other. Any input would be appreciated! Thanks a bunch!
Count me in. I'm menopausal and I thought I was going to escape the symptoms. No night sweats, no hot flashes, etc., but ten years ago I started having this strange buzzing in my left foot and left buttock that has now spread to my right foot as well. Strangely, I can get my symptoms calmed down, but if I fall asleep for even fifteen minutes, they are back full force. I have no idea why sleep brings them on, but it does. I have been terrified.

No neurological problems or neurological diseases at all. No ALS, no MS, no Lyme, etc. Everything is "normal" and I'm in excellent health except for the buzzing feet and sometimes buttocks. The doctors put it down to "stress." No, I know it's not, but I had no idea so many of us were "buzzing" or that it could be related to menopause or perimenopause. I have to say that stress makes mine worse and relaxation (except for sleep) helps, but no, I know this is not caused by stress.

I noticed that my buzzing was better when I was taking vitamins, but I stopped when I had to take antibiotics and I've gotten a lot worse. I started the vitamins again today and will see if they help. I hope so. Right now, I'm taking Neurontin (gabapentin) to control the buzzing, but if it's menopause, I don't know that Neurontin will help. We'll see as I just started it. At least it's supposed to help with anxiety and sleep, but it can cause weight gain and I don't want that.

I was thinking of trying Estroven, but it's mainly vitamins. My former doctor told me green tea was excellent for perimenopausal and menopausal women. I just got some and I'm certainly going to try it. Apparently, the green tea is supposed to provide something our hormones no longer provide, but without causing periods again or carrying the dangers of HRT.

Exercise helps me a lot, but not too vigorous. Walking is good. I mainly notice the buzzing when I'm trying to relax. As a former poster said, what a wonderful time in our lives.

Last edited by mod-anon; 01-12-2008 at 11:57 PM. Reason: starting a new thread with this post.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2008, 09:56 AM   #2
(female)

pammcat HB User
Re: Anyone else buzzing???

Hello Everyone, I'm Pammcat...i Am 45 And Have Had Sooooo Many Symptoms With Peri, I Too Experience Inner Shaking,trembling Whatever Term Is Used It Is A Very Frightning Sensation...i Found That The More I Thought About It The More I Could Feel It...i Thought I Was The Only Person Alive That Felt This Until I Found You All.........it Will Subside...take A Gooood Multi Vit Daily....when It Frightened Me I Would Ride In My Car With The Radio On For A While... Your Mind Will Be Preoccupied....you Will Calm Down Easier.....it Will Get Better But Doctors Dont Tell Us About This Symptom And It Is Not So Uncommon...this Should Be Told To All Women To Help Ease Them If It Occurs......p

Old 01-12-2008, 08:05 PM   #3
(female)

julyskid HB User

Hi I'm 50 and I can say that I am experiencing many of the same symptoms.
My left fingers,legs and toes are tingling most of the time. I also have terrible tightness in the back of my head.neck area It feels most of the time like it will explode.
Anyone else have any suggestions as what to do ? please help!!!

Last edited by julyskid; 01-12-2008 at 08:08 PM.

Old 03-21-2008, 04:19 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

I have the tingling and numbness too. Even went to a physical therapist for 10 weeks to have my siatic nerve worked on. But it can be an all over thing. Then I got some buzzing sensations and muscle twitches that are driving me crazy. So far all the tests are showing nothing. Just that my calcium is a little low. I feel like I am going crazy. I awoke at 4:30 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. I was a bit hot and my muscles were twitching in my legs and arms. What is going on? Is this common?

Old 03-21-2008, 07:02 AM   #5
(female)

Sillyme03 HB User

I posted this on the anxiety board, but am wondering if its perimenopause, even thou they did hormone blood work and it came back as not in menopause and normal and I get regular heavy periods.

Here goes, sorry its long:

I used to be a very laid back relaxed person. Never had anxiety before. Not sure why my body/mind has changed so much. I do have mild fibrmyalgia.

To make a long story short back in 2003 while on vacation I started getting symptoms from feeling like food was stuck in throat ( it wasn't) shortly later escalating to loss of appetite, internal shaking, adrenaline rush feeling, tired, weak, could not sleep, chills and more. Had tons of tests, all basically negative except for small things. Life was good back then and I don't know what changed. I was 43 then, am 47 now.

Went to Cleveland Clinic a few months later (everyone said it was anxiety, and ativan helped with the internal shaking/buzzing in arms and legs) and they found at that time I had low BP on standing, and Heart rate went up ( orthostatic hypotension). Took a low dose beta blocker ( had been on this when this started, but got off thinking it was side effect), support hose, ate salt and in a short time, felt better and most symptoms went away.

Only used ativan very rarely. Only symptom that stayed is occasional internal shaking/buzzing, not visible on outside, but was not every day like before, so I learned to live with it and had an almost normal life until recently.

Had vertigo December of 2007 ( BPPV). Was resolved at a balance/therapy center in a few weeks, but still anxious about sleeping on left side (bad side)even though with PT, I am ok on that side, but I still get anxious about laying on it, so I don't.

Daughter is very sick, has barrett's esophagus, stomach aches, been out of school for weeks. Husbands job is very iffy and money is tight.

I am so stressed I am back to internal shakes, bathroom many times an hour, legs feel like jello at times, chills, loss of appetite, weak, tired, falling asleep at 8:00 at night etc and sleeping until about 4:30 where I wake up and get the adrenaline rush feeling.

I am using small amounts of ativan daily, don't want to be addicted. I am going to try buspar as I just got a prescription. I am concerned about the side effects of it and any other SSRI's I may have to try. Another thing to worry about!

I also maybe borderline diabetic or pre-diabetic, but the anxiety may be making everything worse and I would not have all these symptoms from diabetes. I get so chilled all the time in the house with heat on 68, wearing long sleeve shirt and sweatshirt.

So far only had hormones, glucose and thryroid tested, so far sugar is questionable, but that would not be giving me all these symptoms ( some yes, but not all).

I keep wondering what has changed as I used to be the most laid back person in the world and would take everything in stride.

I want my old self back! can't stand feeling like this, horrible all the time.

Anxiety, perimenopause, something else? I need help!

Last edited by Sillyme03; 03-21-2008 at 07:05 AM.

Closed Thread