It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2008, 08:25 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

marla20 HB User
Smile Heavy Bleeding

Ok friends, calm me down. I have written about this before. A year ago Dec. I was experiencing heavy bleeding. Well, whatever that is. I was shocked. As I told most of you I am a teacher and it was Pajama Day and my husband had to go to the store amd bring me new PJ's. THis past year I have had off and on but nothing to bad that I couldn't deal with. Still getting my period on time every month, at age 52. Got it on Tuesday of last week, had bleeding on Wednesday, THursday was so heavy I thought I was dying. Clots the size of grapefruits. I bled like that on Thursday, had to change every hour and then it stopped. What is going on and should I be concerned??? Well of course I am concerned that is why I am writing. SHould I be worried? HAs this happend to anyone else. I never felt bad but it was scary. I really don't want to endure a whole bunch of tests if this is just the natural process. I did find out my mother and grandmother had heavy bleeding during their regular periods, however this has just begun for me in 07. IS heavy bleeding the amount to time you bleed like in terms of days or weeks or is it the amount of blood. Sorry for being so graphic but this board has been such a big help to me. Thanks to everyone. I will be the oldest living female still getting their period. MArla20

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2008, 09:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

liverpool sue HB User
Re: Heavy Bleeding

i got my last period in feb 2006 and i was 53 and a half. i started a thread, way back when, about how old the oldest lady still having periods was and you would be very surprised to know that there are a lot of ladies out there still having regular periods into their late 50's, some into their 60's. you have a way to go yet to break any records!!!
as for 'heavy' periods, i always reckoned mine were 'heavy' if i bled huge amounts over a short length of time, rather than prolonged (3-4 weeks) bleeding. i too experienced losing large clots (although none the size of grapefruits!), had very heavy periods, prolonged bleeding, periods lasting 2 days, bleeding for one day then a week without then 3 more days of bleeding - you name it, i think we all get it at some point before we finish completely. if you're worried though, go and speak to your doctor and have your mind put at rest. good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply