It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2008, 11:19 AM   #1
(female)

NaomiWise HB User
Voice changes

Now that I am beginning to realize that I have probably been in menopause for the past 8-9 months I am beginning to have questions about many of the things I have experienced in that time period....that I had thought were unrelated...but now I wonder if they were all connected to menopause.

But, one thing I have experienced and haven't seen mentioned is voice changing during this time.

My great-grandmother had a very odd, high-pitched, strained voiced when she aged. I have heard very few like it. Myself, my voice is kinda low for a woman. Over the years though I have lost my voice during colds and after sporting events...only in the past few months my voice actually "hurts" from doing something as simple as singing a hymn at church..or talking for any length of time. And this month when I got sick I lost my voice for nearly a week.

Are vocal chords affected by menopause. The reason I ask is that it seems hormones do affect them in puberty. Has anyone of you experienced a voice change of some sort during menopause?

Old 02-19-2008, 06:17 AM   #2
(female)

Ruskingirl HB User
Re: Voice changes

Naomi, Have you had your thyroid levels checked? These are hormonal as well. I have had problems with my voice (hoarsness and losing it) for several years and it was and is due to my thyroid. I have found that the thryroid problems and menopausal problems are sometimes intertwined. You should probably talk with your dr. about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2008, 02:27 PM   #3
(female)

NaomiWise HB User

You might have something there...I have also had more problems with my heart going into A-Fib flutters lately which is also associated w/Thyroid levels. I will have that checked out. Thanks!

Old 02-20-2008, 08:41 AM   #4
(female)

Ruskingirl HB User

Good luck, Naomi and let me know what you find out.

Closed Thread