It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2008, 09:06 AM   #1
(female)

mcdowell HB User
Ice cold-- burny hot pain

I don't quite know how to describe this but maybe someone can relate. I have such pain in my lower legs, they are hot, feels like a very bad sunburn, yet also feels cold, thru to the bone. The muscles are tight and feel like they won't stretch, so walking is painful. My one knee hurts to put weight on it and feels huge, yet no swelling, hurts even when not walking. My feet burn and ache and get very cold as do my fingers, like blood is diverted away from them. I think that is what is happening to my legs also, thus the coldness, yet they burn like fire. It sounds like nerve endings to me, yet no knows. MRI, 2yrs ago showed a little fluid below the back of my left knee, more in the leg, said no real problem, (not for them.) I have had this for 2yrs and getting worse, can't go or do anything. Does this sound like menopause to anyone?? I'm 10 yrs post-meno. I still get all the symptoms you gals have mentioned, they are never ending, from the jolting awake at night w/hot & cold flashes, body just racing and nauseous, shaky till you feel like your insides will explode, daytime too, that sick all over feeling all the time, the stomach pain and burning. When I wake in the morn and lay in bed I get a rush of tingle from head to toes, crawly feelings, hot gas pain that moves thru every inch of my body, at times I feel like I can't move, the gas pushes on my spine untill I get pain and knumby tingly all over. When I get up the knumby/tingly goes away, everything else stays. Sorry, I strayed alittle in my post, I had alot on my mind, the main thing is the burn and pain. Thanks for your "ear". By the way, I know I need hormones, they make my heart palps worse & I have a terrible time w/med's/vitamins...no has figured that out either, so I can't tell if HRT would relieve this, answering the question to if its menopause.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2008, 08:15 PM   #2
(female)

Lynnv57 HB User
Re: Ice cold-- burny hot pain

mcdowell..I seem to have more aches and pains than I used to. I have had two hip replacements and my legs sometimes ache. No burning of any kind. I just started with the depression/anxiety/not my self(not in reality only in december so all this is new to me. I ahd my last period early december.
I have been feeling good these past few days yet last night I woke in the middle of the night with anxiety for the first time in awile. Not bad, just annoying. Not good sleep in 2 nights but great other nights this week.
Sorry for running off topic here.
have you had any tests done for the burning and aching? I also have arthritis and burtisitis. I know that the flax, fish and borage will soon take care of that for me.
Lynn

Closed Thread