It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2008, 07:40 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

viktik HB User
Hot flashes, cold flashes, and this morning fatigue...

Hi all,

My hot flashes seem to be more frequent, and are lasting longer. When I am at work and it happens, I either go outside, or find the nearest piece of paper to fan myself! THEN...for the last couple of months, mainly in the evenings, I am getting major cold flashes! If I get up off the couch and go into the kitchen or something, I just freeze! It is miserable. AND...this morning when I was in the shower, it was all I could do to wash my hair and my body. The fatigue in the mornings is awful. I really wanted to feel good today because we are going for high tea. I pray that I will feel better.

Let me know if you deal with any of these things. There are many, many other symptoms I am dealing with too, but thought I would mention these three troublesome issues...

Thanks everyone, and happy Saturday!

Blessings,
viktik

Old 03-29-2008, 08:21 AM   #2
(female)

Happy Days HB User
Re: Hot flashes, cold flashes, and this morning fatigue...

I have just been tested and found out I am officially in the midst of menopause. viktik I am having very similar symptoms for the past month. I have the hot flashes about every 15 minutes but then I cool down after each one. I wake up all through the night due to the sweats and can barely walk down the steps in the morning. I ache all over. I just joined the YMCA but am in too much pain to work out right now. I have an appointment with my gynecologist next week so hopefully I can start some kind of treatment that will help me feel better. I had no idea menopause would be this bad. One minute I am taking clothes off and the next minute I am looking for a sweater or a robe. Since I am not getting a full nights rest, I am very tired and irritable. As they say, this too shall pass...I guess.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2008, 08:48 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

I C Hot HB User

I also have the Cold and Hot flashes. That is where I came up with I C HOT, always cold and hot. While I was on Premarin I didn't have these issues or alot of the others for that matter, but I weaned off because I just couldn't handle the fact of being on a hrt and the risk factors that go with it. But I am so thinking of going back on just to get some quality of life back. At least we know we are not alone in this.
Julie

Old 03-29-2008, 03:00 PM   #4
(female)

Jewels4563 HB User

I too don't want HRT. Breast cancer runs in my mom's side of the family.

More hot flashes than night sweats.......tired at times. I am looking for a multi vitamin now. Taking magnesium to regulate my estrogen level. Just feel at times like I just can't get it all together in my life. I know it helps that I've lost 100 lbs and I exercise regularly.

Old 03-29-2008, 03:39 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

kathryn+2 HB Userkathryn+2 HB User

Hi Viktic,
I'm glad you mentioned cold flashes. I haven't really seen that addressed too much. I get almost all of my hot flashes at night in bed ,but then they are immediately followed by cold flashes.Someone suggested I try Black Cohosh and it seems to be helping. I'm also taking melatonin before bed and that is helping me sleep better.(3mg.) I guess I could be sleeping through the hot flashes now. But I do wake up exhausted still. Mt physical therepist gave me some stretching exercises to do before i get out of bed and that has been helping with some of the achyness that most of us of a certain age feel in the morning. Also I keep a bottle of Advil next to the bed and when I wake up at 3 or 4 am I will take a couple and it relaxes me enough so I'm not tossing and turning trying to get comfortable enough to get back to sleep. I don't know why ,but I rarely get hot flashes during the day.

good luck, (p.s. Viktic..I see that we are practically neighbors

Kate

Old 03-29-2008, 03:50 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

viktik HB User

Hey Kathryn, we are almost neighbors! I work in AG. The high tea place I spoke of is J. Henry Manor in SLO...we love it!

Thanks all for your responses so far. I felt a little better for part of the day, but now my tummy is acting up, and the buzzing in my feet has kicked in. My ears are ringing, which is pretty constant. I'm getting to where I dread the evenings a little because of the cold flashes. I'm so grateful for this board, as all of you are so very supportive, and the great thing is that you understand! What a blessing!

viktik

Old 03-29-2008, 09:46 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

kathryn+2 HB Userkathryn+2 HB User

I have lots of tummy problems also. I take ginger capsuls,stay away from dairy,and sip mint tea,and that helps. Also I understand that papaya capsuls can help settle the stomach. The foot problems and the ear ringing don't sound like fun. I don't have a clue as to what to do about those things I'm afraid.

My rheumatologist is in Santa Maria., So I occasionally get down your way.

High tea sounds yummy. I've lived in this area for 35 years ,but I must admit I never heard of the J.Henry Manor.
take care , Kathryn

Old 03-30-2008, 08:44 PM   #8
(female)

Loud HB User

I'm a 53 year year old woman. I have been experiencing hot and cold flashes for some time now. One minute I'll be so hot I HAVE to pull my top off: the next minute I'm freezing! I am so tired of this: putting on clothes: ripping off clothes; turning fans on....I understand what you're going through! Debbie

Old 04-02-2008, 11:35 AM   #9
(female)

sandy56 HB User
Thumbs down Re: Hot flashes, cold flashes, and this morning fatigue...

I am 51 and have had hot flashes for a few years on and off. More recently as some of you have indicated they go from one extreme to another. Stripping off one minute then wrapping up the next!! Mornings seem to be my worst time - sometimes perspiration just runs off my face, my hair drips and I need another shower before lunch time. Also in the mornings when I get up I am so lethargic and feel as if I am carrying a heavy weight round with me.

Closed Thread