It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2008, 11:22 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

trystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB User
Night sweats and pimples

I'm pretty sure I am perimenapausal. Among other symptoms I've been having night sweats for the last couple of years on and off. I am getting these little pimples all over my chest and breasts. I think that it may be because of the sweating. That is the area where I seem to soak my shirt the worst every night.

The problem is that the pimples that occur on my breasts leave scars. My hypothesis is that it is because the skin in that area is more sensitive and thinner than other places. I don't try to squeeze them but they still scar.

So now I have these little red dots all over my breasts and this isn't attractive. My husband and I are the only ones to see them but still.

I wear 100% cotton and sleep on 100% cotton sheets. Is there anything else that I can do to A. prevent the pimples and B. get rid of the ones that I have.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2008, 02:38 PM   #2
(male)

sanan22 HB User
Re: Night sweats and pimples

what do you eat normally?

I get night sweats when eating too much veggies, and scars when my vitamines are nt in check for example

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2008, 06:21 AM   #3
(female)

eltwins HB User

Intersted to read your post. I have rad a lot about hot fulshed and night sweats, but nothing is ever described how I get them, but yours are!

My night sweats are purely on the chest and betwenn and just under my breasts. It soaks through my top, wakes me up and then I have to dry myself before I go back to sleep.

Does anyone else get them just on the chest /breast area?

Old 04-25-2008, 06:46 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

marla20 HB User

That is the only place i sweat on my chest area. I also sweat a little on the back on my neck and my hair on the back of my neck is usually soaking wet. Alyce20

Old 04-25-2008, 09:25 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

marymk HB User

Hi,

I had nght sweats a couple of years back - now I'm 50 and I don't seem to get them, but I get more of a warmth/flush during the daytime.

I also had a period of time getting pimples on my breasts. I think your right about the sweating aggravating it, and the skin being more sensitive/thinner there. I found the best thing to do, is leave them alone - no squeezing or popping - this will reduce scarring - although it may not completly eliminate it.

My dermatologist told me that I have the type of skin that easily scars, so that may be your issue also.

Mary

Old 04-25-2008, 01:52 PM   #6
(female)

alwaysaworrier HB User

I get that warmth/flush during the day - from my waist upwards - nobody would notice that I get them but the heat for those few moments is awful. Is that really a hot flash - always thought that they would be different!! but this has been happening for a couple of years now so it must be the hot flash. My forehead/hairline area would be very sweaty but you wouldn't actually see anything on my face thank god!

Last edited by mod-anon; 04-26-2008 at 12:17 AM. Reason: removed quote

Closed Thread