It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2008, 06:56 AM   #1
(female)

pud HB User
Anyone feel they are always tense/difficult to relax?

Hi guys,
Although I seem to be losing some of the horrible menopause symptoms (hopefully my body and mind are "settling down" to the hormone imbalance), I'm still battling with anxiety. I've got some tranx to take when needed, but even if I do, my body still feels like it's in a state of "super tension". Sometimes I'm really knackered and just want to sit and relax and watch TV or something, but find it so hard, almost like I need constantly to be "up and doing" or "out and about".
I don't know if this is because when I sit and try to relax and am not distracted, I begin to think about all the anxiety symptoms, which can kick them off again, or perhaps being alone, but I'm pretty good at riding through anxiety most of the time, but just seems so much more difficult if I try to relax.
I've done all the usual relaxation techniques and breathing, and I know this takes time and effort, but sometimes seems like nothing but nothing I do will relieve this tension (exercise helps for a short time).
Maybe others have the same prob?
Pud
xxx

Old 04-04-2008, 07:04 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

irisrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB User
Re: Anyone feel they are always tense/difficult to relax?

That's me too. If I'm out and about, I feel absolutely normal. Nothing really bothers me unless I take a second to think, "hey, I feel normal" then I might get a jolt of anxiety.

But definitely as soon as I'm by myself sitting at the computer or watching tv or even cooking - I get very anxious. And that will set off my shallow breathing and nervous feeling and maybe some palpitations.

I'm not taking anything because as of now, it's tolerable. But I still don't like it. I want to feel normal where I don't even think about how I'm feeling. I just "am".

Sorry I don't have any advice as I'm new to this and haven't found anything that works for me either. But I do hope that you can feel calmer soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2008, 10:26 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

alyce20 HB User

Pud,
This is so me. The anxiety when I am not busy is horrible. I just think about it all the time. I am just so tired even with all my supplements that I need to sit and relax. Then the mind goes and I swear I can bring the panic it on. Thank goodness for ativan. alyce 20

Old 04-16-2008, 07:40 AM   #4
(female)

liz78 HB User
Smile Re: Anyone feel they are always tense/difficult to relax?

Pud,

I have been having anxiety and panic attacks too. It is difficult to relax sometimes. I got some a Yoga Cds. It is helping me to relax.

Last edited by liz78; 04-16-2008 at 11:51 AM.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:44 PM   #5
(female)

alwaysaworrier HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisrose View Post
That's me too. If I'm out and about, I feel absolutely normal. Nothing really bothers me unless I take a second to think, "hey, I feel normal" then I might get a jolt of anxiety.
I so know what you mean. I have often felt normal when out and about or even sometimes at home and just as I think 'great' i too get that jolt....and i regret even thinking 'great'!!!!

Last edited by mod-anon; 04-18-2008 at 08:55 PM. Reason: editing quote

Closed Thread