It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2008, 06:33 AM   #1
(female)

roland92 HB User
spotting all month

Has anyone spotted for an entire month straight? I had been to the doctor before about spotting around ovulation but now I have had spotting from the 14th day straight into my period. It stopped for one day and now I am spotting again. It is driving me nuts! Has this happend to anyone else?
Tee

Old 04-14-2008, 07:08 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

marymk HB User
Re: spotting all month

Hi Tee,

I am having this right now - I started a period on April 2 - it was very light. I thought it ended on April 7 - but then the next day I had very light spotting - hardly needed a pad. It seemed to stop a few days later, but now it seems to be back.

This happened to me in August also - I just happened to have my annual GYN appointment so she checked me out thourougly - ultrasound, pap, even an endometrial biopsy - everything came back normal, so she put me on Provera to stop the bleeding - an I was prescribed to take it every month starting on the 10th day of my cycle. This worked well, but I didn't really like taking it - so in December when I took the provera - I didn't get my period for 73 days - I thought this was wonderful - since my problem was bleeding too much. I didn't take the provera when that cycle, because I thought I wasn't going to bleed again for a while, but then I got my next period 41 days after that - and now I have the annyoing spotting once again.

So I'm on the verge of calling my GYN and seeing if I should start the provera again, or just see if it stiops.

Sorry this was so long, I thought I would give my history with this - also I'll be 50 this year, so I was hoping to be done with this soon - but it does drag on for many of us.

Mary

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2008, 10:13 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

alyce20 HB User

Oh I so have this, and I have had this for about the last 3 months. I spot almost the entire month give a day here and there. It is a light spotting. It starts about a week before my period is due and then I spot for about 2 weeks after the 3 heavy days I have. I have talked to the dr. and I really don't want to take anything if nothing is wrong so I am just seeing this whole thing through naturally. I guess this is part of the process. I have 52 and still getting my period every month. The spotting is a new thing in the last year and mostly occuring in the last few months. alyce20

Old 04-14-2008, 04:54 PM   #4
(female)

roland92 HB User

Thank you for your replies. I had a endometrial biopsy about 2 years ago for spotting just at ovulation. Everything was fine then. My peri symptoms seemed to be getting better, things like anxiety and fatigue, feeling faint but now with the spotting came the symptoms back again. Maybe I am in a cycle but now spotting all month is going to be a new symptom. I hope not. I just want to feel normal again. I hope this is possible! Tee

Old 05-02-2008, 05:34 PM   #5
(female)

still kicking HB User

Just wanted to whine about my spotting !! This month I spotted two whole weeks before my period...Im so frustrated! My Dr says its pretty normal and I cant take hormones so guess I just get to live with it! Makes me feel so sexy! haha

Old 05-09-2008, 08:45 PM   #6
(female)

cherrylaine HB User

I saw my gyn just last month and she ordered a pelvic ultrasound for an enlarged uterous. There is a history of uterin fibroids in my family so I am thinking that is probably what it is. I too have just started having spotting this month and was thinking it was a fibroid, but since I have been having perimenopausal symptoms for the last few years I am now wondering if this is just a normal part of the process? Is it a good idea to have a biopsy if you are having spotting?

Old 06-11-2008, 10:49 AM   #7
(female)

Dansgrl HB User

This is so annoying. A couple of years ago I went through this stage, starting using Progesterone cream and it stopped after a couple of months. I slacked off using it the last few months and again, here I am.. spotting for the past two and a half weeks. I actually went in for my exam a couple of days after it started and she said there was too much blood to do the PAP. So, I made another appt for tomorrow and will ask for some additional testing. I'm having a major surgery in five weeks... and I need to know before I do the surgery if I have something else wrong. Oy, it's always something, isn't it?

Old 06-11-2008, 11:07 AM   #8
(female)

Buzzbabe3 HB User

I had a pap that showed normal endometrial cells...but I actually had just stopped by period the day or two before I went in for the pap...went back in for an US and she ended up doing an "endometrial biopsy" because ...why not...I was there...(strange logic...but)Thank God it came back ok...but I will tell you this whole thing is frightening isn't it? Guess if there is any concerns a biopsy makes sense just to be sure. Good Luck and many blessings...hope all goes well!

Closed Thread