It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2008, 06:38 AM   #1
(female)

Buzzbabe3 HB User
Waking up with blurry vision!

Here's another one...anyone waking up some days with slightly blurry vision or vision that seems like it takes some time to catch up with the rest of your body and get ready for the day. I already need help with my up close reading etc vision but now it takes some time for me to get my distance going...some days no problem..other days it takes a bit. Just wondering?

Old 05-24-2008, 07:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

liverpool sue HB User
Re: Waking up with blurry vision!

hello buzz. i've found over the last couple of years i now need to have two lots of prescription specs, one for reading and close work and another different one for tv and distance. i do find that my distance vision suffers greatly if i'm tired, anxious or stressed, although i've not noticed it being worse in the morning in the way you have.
i've just put it down to the ageing process generally, rather than specifically menopause, although who knows?
sue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2008, 12:54 PM   #3
(female)

Buzzbabe3 HB User

Thanks...seems to be that way...appreciate your feedback..it helps ease the anxiety!

Old 05-25-2008, 08:41 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

I C Hot HB User

Another thought is low blood sugar. My eyes do this when my sugar level is out of whack.

Old 05-26-2008, 07:14 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

viktik HB User

For several months now I wake up some mornings and can't open my right eye immediately. It takes a few seconds to get it to open. I have no idea what it is. I mentioned it to my doctor, and he is looking into it. I get blurry vision sometimes after lunch. Don't know what that is either...maybe meno. Or, I probably need to "bite the bullet" and get an eye test to see if I need glasses!

Happy Memorial Day all!

viktik

Old 05-28-2008, 10:17 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

I wake up with blurry vision. I can't see the clocks in our bedroom because they are the blue LCD. I plugged my old red numbered clock radio and I can't see that either when I wake up. I had LASIK surgery about 10 years ago and asked the surgeon about my vision changing some and he said the pressure in the eye changes. Well, the last year has been horrible. If I lay in bed for awhile in the morning and watch the clock, the vision does improve. Heck, since I don't sleep well anymore anyway, I know what time it is as I hear the grandfather clocker chiming away every 15 minutes. I just had my eyes examined 2 weeks ago so it isn't a medical issue. I find it interesting though about the blood sugar being low. We covered this on another post, but I think my blood sugar does drop because I get the shakes about 3 am and sometimes I have to eat some cheese. Ah menopause....isn't it great?

Old 05-30-2008, 03:07 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

liverpool sue HB User

mel, if your blurry vision and shakes are due to low blood sugar, eating cheese won't help it as cheese contains little or no carbs to raise your blood sugar. you'd be better having a glass of milk or fruit juice, or a wholemeal biscuit. so maybe your vision problems, and more particularly the shakes, are down to something else? our youngest is type 1 so we're a little bit 'in the know' about low blood sugar and diabetes, and what helps.

Old 05-30-2008, 06:06 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

thanks I will try warm milk tonight. I lay there last night and realized I would label it more of vibrating instead of shakes. Last night I had cottage cheese. I obviously dont know much about it. I knew about the juice or sugar but thought protein was good. thanks

Old 05-30-2008, 06:28 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User

I've had blurry vision off and on for the past 3 years despite regular vision exams and updated eyeglass prescriptions. I tossed out all of my previous prescriptions instead of using them as back up glasses because I couldn't see out of them anyway. It wasn't until I fell on my face damaging my newest pair of eyeglasses that I had to resort to using eyeglasses that were about 5 years old. Imagine my surprise when I could see perfectly with this old set...an opthamologist confirmed my "perfect" vision with these glasses when doing an exam in the er after my fall.

I have since discovered that some medications can cause blurry vision as a side effect. I was on 5 different blood pressure medications (only one med at a time) over the past 3 years and 3 of those meds listed "blurry vision" as a side effect. My primary doctor, my optomotrist, and my opthamologist denied it was the medication (despite what the literature and the drug companies were saying) but I haven't had problems since being med free...and despite the many scratches, I can still see better with my 5 year old glasses than my latest prescription. Menopause had nothing to do with it.

Bethsheba

Old 05-30-2008, 11:09 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glad that worked out for you. I have low blood pressure and the only meds I take now is fortical for osteroporosis and dioxgin for tachycardia, all started after the blurry vision. Mine may be from having lasik and the eye pressure changing. Who knows? I just had my eyes examined in detail a few weeks ago.

Closed Thread