It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2008, 09:13 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

irisrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB User
What to expect the next month when you miss a period

This is the first time I've experienced a late period with all of this perimeno stuff. It's now 4 days late and I can only remember being late once before in my adult life like that with pregnancy not being the reason. So needless to say, I'm clockwork - every 28 days. If I'm late it's by one day, two maximum.

So now 4 days late, husband with a vasectomy and 2 negative pregnancy tests (just in case) and no period. I don't even feel like I'm getting it. No sore breasts, no irritability, no cramping. It's weird.

About 2 weeks ago I started exercising. I began right around my ovulation. I continued to use my progesterone cream. I'm wondering if exercising naturally leveled out my hormones but I was adding progesterone when maybe I didn't need to and that's what caused this to happen.

If I skip this month, what will next month be like? Will it be the period from he**? I'm assuming there is some kind of lining built up over the month and that must shed.

This is just very unusual and new to me and I have no idea what to expect.

Thanks for any info!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2008, 03:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

liverpool sue HB User
Re: What to expect the next month when you miss a period

well, irisrose (what a very lovely name, conjours up all sorts of colours and scents), you could get the period from h**l next time you get one (which might be tomorrow, next week, next month, the month after, etc. etc) or you could just get a very ordinary, normal one, or you could get a very small, light one, it's anyones guess, and you really won't know until it happens. you may actually have seen the last of them forever (not very likely), it does happen that way for some ladies.
if this is only the beginning of it all for you, it's something you'll get very used to over the coming months/years, the not knowing when it's going to happen again. and you can bet your life that if you have an appointment for a smear test or something else that a period would interfere with, then you'll get one out of the blue!!!! i wouldn't waste your money on pregnancy tests either, with your husband having had a vasectomy (unless you have real reason to suspect you could be pregnant by some other means?!?), this is just the way things go when you get to a certain age.
good luck,
sue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2008, 05:02 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

irisrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB User

Thanks Sue!

Well, since this was the first time I've been this late, I was afraid maybe my husband's vasectomy failed. Sounds silly, but I know a woman at my boys' school who got pregnant 5 years after her husband's vasectomy. They had to redo it because the tubes grew back together somehow. So, I was covering all of my bases :lol:

This is a whole new dimension of annoyance. Until it comes, I guess I will have to wear panty liners and be prepared every single day instead of being prepared for a day or two when I know it will come and it does.

The only saving grace is I'm not having any PMS symptoms. Thank goodness. That would be worse waiting forever for my period and being a bloated crab the whole time.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

liverpool sue HB User

gosh, that must have been one heck of a shock for that lady and her husband - wonder if he believed he was responsible when he first heard the news?
i was thinking of me and my husband, him having had a vasectomy some 15 years ago, be something of a miracle for us.
i never went anywhere without at least 2 or 3 pads for about 5 years, and always wore a pantyliner (still do). in fact, i'm actually about 2 and a half years without a period now but have only just given away my vast stock of daytime, night-time, light days, heavy days, etc., to my 30 year old niece. didn't want to tempt fate!
sue

Closed Thread