It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2008, 05:47 PM   #1
(female)

dinkles HB User
Question Dehydration?????

I am 112 days into no cycles and am having severe hot flashes. Is it possible to get dehydrated from all the hot flashes and excessive night sweats and sweating? I have been soooo much more thirsty lately than ever in my life.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User
Re: Dehydration?????

It sure seems possible to be getting dehydrated if your sweating alot and often. Try drinking more water on those days and see if you feel better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2008, 09:47 PM   #3
(female)

misty57 HB User

Hi, I know how you feel, and I really do feel for you. When I first started menapause I also had severe hot flashes and sweated buckets. I thought I was going to go insane when a hot flash hit me. And at the moment it started I had this intense feeling to drink anything I could get my hands on. When you get thirsty that means you are already dehydrated. That is your body telling you to drink. I always have a bottle of selzer water on hand when the hot flashes start coming back to back. The warmer weather always brings them on more. I to have never drank so much water and selzer since this madness started. But the good news is those severe flashes calm down alot as your body ajusts to all the changes. Then you just have those annoying ones. Try to drink as often as you can to ward off dehydrating. Try not to worry over this, you will be ok. This is very normal. And to think I could'nt wait for my cycles to end. I would give anything to have them back again. Misty

Old 06-27-2008, 07:54 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

scout316 HB Userscout316 HB User

hi dinkles...I know for SURE that hot flashes can dehydrate you...I happened to go to the doctor during one of those lovely times and she said I was dehydrated...she could tell by my blood pressure when I was lying down...then sitting up she checked it...so there you have it....I try to drink water a liitle bit all through the day...it does help...also you can drink gatorade too.....menopause takes a toll on our bodies that's for sure...best reagards,Scout

Closed Thread