It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2008, 11:32 AM   #1
(female)

Basket Case HB User
Hot Hot Flashes (Sweats) all day and extreme exhaustion

Hopefully somebody can help me here. I have been without period for around 2 years now and some of the systems I was having have got better. However, I suffer from extreme hot flashes (sweats) throughout the day and during the night and I now get extreme and I mean extreme feeling of being exhausted, enough that I just want to lay down and go to sleep. Some nights I don't sleep good at all but every now and then I sleep like I am unconscious. Please has anyone else experienced this!!! It is really scary!

Old 07-04-2008, 04:08 AM   #2
(female)

patti101 HB User
Re: Hot Hot Flashes (Sweats) all day and extreme exhaustion

I've been there and totaly understand. The extreme exhaustion you mention could be related to an underactive thyroid, have you been tested? When I went to my doctor with the complaint of hot flashes and exhaustion, I was diagnosed as menopausal and an underactive thyroid. (I was 52 at the time) The underactive thyroid can make menopause symptoms much worse.

If you haven't had your thyroid tested then I would suggest that you do so and have the TSH, Free T3 and Free T4 tests and obtain copies of tests and visit the thyroid forum - they helped me so much. You may want to talk to your doctor about bio-identical hormones to help with menopause.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread