It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2008, 10:51 AM   #1
(female)

alwaysaworrier HB User
Anyone suffer from aches & pain?

Just wondering do any of you ladies suffer from aches & pain or could it be part of menopause?

I have been suffering from frozen shoulders this past year and they are improved greatly but still far from perfect. Some weeks they are pretty ok and some weeks (like this week) wake up with my arms stiff. Also, my hips seem to be so stiff when i wake up and also after sitting for a while. I am so sick of it down on top of all the other symptoms we have with meno. Sometimes I think I am coming out at the other end (not with the stiffness tho!) and then you fall back again......and the tiredness is another thing....right now I feel i could do with a nap

Just wondering if any you have this stiffness and achey feeling

Old 07-10-2008, 04:55 AM   #2
(female)

Debtone HB User
Re: Anyone suffer from aches & pain?

So glad to know I am not the only one!

I woke up this morning and felt as if I had done a complete work out yesterday......if only! My hips ache too and I haven't the energy I was born with.

It is such an effort to even have a conversation on the telephone, I feel so fatigued.

Have taken a weeks holiday from work and it has been a complete waste of time because Ilook at what I need to do in the home and my body won't allow it.

I must admit, I have a bit more energy in the evenings now but gone are the days when I used to jump out of bed and get on with my day.

Has anyone any sparkle or zest I could borrow until all this is over please lol.

Have to stop myself from thinking I have developed some terrible disease.

Deb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2008, 07:21 AM   #3
(female)

alwaysaworrier HB User

I feel bad saying this but glad to hear that somebody else has hips that are killing them....it takes me a few minutes to loosen out when i get out of bed or after sitting for any lenth of time - its such a pain. Do you think this is also a symptom? I don't have much energy most days either - at least not the energy I used to have. I barely do just what I have to do in the house. I used to enjoy a 'spring clean' of the house every so often but that doesn't happen now. Some days i'm pretty ok but you never know what each day will bring. I hate it when you wake up some morning with that horrible feeling in your stomach and you say to yourself 'it's going to be one of those bad days' and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. Do you ever have times like that....for me it can last the whole day and even the next day also sometimes, just feeling rotten in yourself and my head can also feel fuzzy when that happens. I just get so sick of it all, even though all this was much, much worse for me a couple of years ago. So, i suppose(hope) that it may be getting better. I guess the new symptoms are the aches & pains.

We will get through it though

Last edited by alwaysaworrier; 07-10-2008 at 07:22 AM. Reason: to delete quote

Old 07-10-2008, 10:44 AM   #4
(female)

Debtone HB User

My elder sister is post menopause now and she said she is left with terrible aches and pains and feels like an old lady getting out of bed. I suppose I have worse to forward too by the sounds of it as I am still having periods and not quite at the end of it yet.

I just made some effort to do a bit of keep fit in the lounge so when I wake up feeling achy tomorrow I can blame it on something.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:49 AM   #5
(female)

Debtone HB User

Oh and that fuzzy head definately comes with fatigue, it takes at least 30 seconds for something somebody has said to me to reach my brain when I have a fuzzy head.

My dog walked in with muddy paws just now and I went to tell her to get out and could not remember her name for a minute............Help! lol

Hope I feel bit better tomorrow!

Old 07-11-2008, 08:06 AM   #6
(female)

GBug HB User

Hey everyone-- About 3 months ago, I started having the aches and pains in my hips. Actually, it feels like my hip bones are going to break. In the past couple of months, it has happened when I'm about to start my period. However, I've now gone 52 days without a period and my hips started hurting a couple of days ago. Not hurting today, though. It's just one of those crazy symptoms that comes and goes.

Old 07-11-2008, 08:43 AM   #7
(female)

alwaysaworrier HB User

I hope it is a symptom and that it will go away soon I have not had a period with - it must be about 7 or 8 months, so I'm hoping, hoping that all these symptoms will soon end. It would just wreck you, especially not knowing what each day will bring.

Actually, i'm not sure if its my hips or thighs that hurt...seem to have the pain down the front of my thighs.....what am i like, don't even know where the pain is

Old 07-11-2008, 02:08 PM   #8
(female)

GBug HB User

I hope your symptoms end soon too. Enough is enough. I've had premenstrual symptoms (water retainage,cramps, bloating) for about 4 weeks and still haven't started. I didn't realize we would have all these symptoms if we weren't going to have a period. That's why I thought Not having a period would be great.

Best wishes...I hope this ends very, very, very soon for you alwaysaworrier! I hope it ends for me to. This morning I had retained so much fluid, my jeans were skintight...last week they were loose. My weight vary so much day to day that I can't even stay on my diet because I can't tell if I'm losing weight.

This is so frustrating.

Old 07-14-2008, 09:05 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lindaru HB User

I am 51 and was told that I started peri-menopause at age 48 when I had skipped eight months without so much as spotting or staining (about all I do since I have been on Depo-Provera to control heavy menstruals since age 36).

At the same time I started peri-menopause, I developed osteoarthritis in my neck and shoulders as well as my sciatica from an on the job injury about 20 years ago got really bad.

Another thing I noticed was my teeth started abscessing one right after the other like a domino effect and have had seven pulled in the last few years.

I get exhausted doing the simplest things as well. House work I used to be able to zip through just wears me out and I have to go take frequent breaks between appliances or tasks.

The crazy thing is that my doctor claims that should not be happening. He says I am not exercising enough and should be as strong as ever but other female family and friends tell me that he is wrong.

Just to let you know, I join you all in the aches, pains and fatigue department.

Lindaru

Old 07-20-2008, 02:31 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

cram315 HB User

Lindaru, how are you supposed to go to the gym if you have no energy?

The doctor is missing the menopause picture. I am going for blood work this week to rule out anything else.

I was always very active and always excercised riight up to this past January. Since I been skipping periods, months at a time, I have turned into an older woman almost overnight. I have aches and pains in my ankles, knees and hips and back. I sleep like the dead and wake up feeling drugged, no matter what time I fall asleep. My memory is awful and I have gained weight.

It isn't in our heads, we are not being lazy and we are truly tired.

(hehe, and a bit angry, lol, when people don't understand us) cram315

Old 07-20-2008, 06:27 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lindaru HB User

Exactly, Cram . . . before peri-menopause came on, I used to walk as far as ten miles at a time and I danced (like rock and roll dancing, not waltzing). I could whip through almost the whole house cleaning in a day. Now it takes me several days and breaks in between.

I tried multi-vitamins thinking I was just low on those but they did nothing for me.

I can say one good thing about it. Before I went into this phase of my life, I was rather over weight. I have since lost down to a normal level and been able to maintain it. I just stopped wanting the foods that were making me fat. Strange, huh?

Lindaru

Old 07-21-2008, 06:45 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

cram315 HB User

Lindaru, good for you! Well, the weight thing I mean. A nice perk to menopause. Maybe you are just forgetting to eat

I agree, the vitamins aren't doing a thing for me either.

Is it more likely than not to get our energy back once menopause passes through?

Ladies I wish us all speed and good health with this phase of our lives.
Cram315

Old 07-22-2008, 05:02 AM   #13
(female)

kazy68 HB User

Hi all, well im feeling it today, im aching everywhere, my legs, arms, neck ect, i try to go as long as i can then have to give in to pain killers, not that they do much good, they just take the edge of a bit but they don't make all the aches and pains go away, i wish there were one magic pill that took all this away from us all and we could all go on living our lives to the full, don't you all love our dreams.

Karen
x

forgive me today .......tomorrow i may no longer feel guilty

Old 07-22-2008, 06:03 AM   #14
(female)

alwaysaworrier HB User
Unhappy Re: Anyone suffer from aches & pain?

I'm also feeling it bad today, arms, neck and hips - it' my thighs really, but does that mean my hips I wonder? I never know whether to say hips or thighs I was sitting in a draft yest and I think that is the cause of the neck ache - how silly am I

God, i hope this all eases up soon.

Old 07-22-2008, 01:37 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

cram315 HB User

I have actually been taking pamprin for my aches and pains because I didn't have anything else in the house. They've worked and so have aleves.

I think the magic pill will be our 60th birthday when we are definately over menopause.

Closed Thread