It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2008, 02:40 PM   #1
(female)

Basket Case HB User
Hot Flashes/Sweats after eating anything containing sugar?????

Is it possible that eating items that contain sugar, such as ice cream, candy, dessert, trigger a hot flash?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2008, 08:39 PM   #2
(female)

Toohotforme HB User
Re: Hot Flashes/Sweats after eating anything containing sugar?????

Absolutely!!!! Sugar is a HUGE cause of hot flashes for me! I have been having major hot flashes for 2 years now and whenever I have consumed too much sugar my hot flashes are crazy. I read somewhere that sugar and white flour are not a menopausal woman's friend and it is best to stay away from them if at all possible.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2008, 08:17 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

scout316 HB Userscout316 HB User

hi Basket Case!Oh my gosh...YES sugar is a trigger for sure!Soda is one of the worst too.Also bigger meals will tend to bring 'em on too.Do you have problems with any other foods?Potatoes seems to bother me too(not french fries...only baked and mashed).Drinking water helps and wearing sleeveless shirts ALWAYS...even if you are cold.I tested this out...put on a sweater and it brought the heat on....yuck!Try to avoid caffeine too(chocolate included).Best Regards,Scout

Old 07-22-2008, 10:28 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

pizza does me in....chocolate shouldn't be in my diet either ah but since I was gaining weight anyway as part of menopause I have been eating it all. I used to be skinny. I am now at full-term pregnancy weight and there is no baby in the oven. My youngest is 29 years old...lol
We are leaving on vacation tomorrow and when we return in a week, we are going on a higher protein, lower carb way of eating. I am hoping it will help some with the hot flashes and just feeling lousy all the time

Closed Thread