It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2008, 06:24 PM   #1
(female)

margie77 HB User
burning face, arms, tops of feet and tingling as well

Just wondering if anyone else is having symptoms such as these? I am 48 and recently have been having irregular periods. I have had tingling in my hands and feet and burning in my face, hands, and feet as well. I have lost weight without trying. Doctors are doing a neurological work up, but as I am reading some of these entries I see that many of my symptoms are similar to those posted--HELP!--Margie

Old 07-23-2008, 08:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lindaru HB User
Re: burning face, arms, tops of feet and tingling as well

Welcome, Margie. It sounds like you may well have joined our menopause club.

I was 48 when I started peri-menopause and I have been in it for just over three years. I am on Depo Provera with continual spotting and staining but when it stopped for eight months, that was when it was determined that I started the change of life. The spotting and staining started back up again but I have not felt quite the same as I used to.

I get tired from exertion when I used to be able to whip through house work in nothing flat. Have to take breaks and stretch it out over days.

I have often put the back of my hand to my forehead to see if I was running a fever (this happens mostly at night before bed time) but I am not. Just feel like I am radiating heat from my face. My hands will get so hot that it is hard to believe I did not have them in dish water or something. I notice this mostly at night as well if I put one hand on my opposite arm.

The tops of my feet not at all but in the summer time, the bottoms of my feet and my toes as well as in between my toes will get uncomfortable and even itchy. The only thing I can do for this is take the shoes and socks off, run around barefoot the remainder of the night and wash them off with a cool cloth before bed.

I am hoping if you have problems already like IBS, osteoarthritis or sciatica, that your symptoms do not worsen because mine did.

I also lost weight without trying but mine was due to a simple change in my food preferences. I have no idea why my preferences just changed but I do not like pastries, candy or fried food any more.

Another odd thing that happened that probably has no relation but may is that my eye color changed from plain gray to gray with golden flecks in them?

Lindaru

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2008, 01:50 PM   #3
(female)

rachelle01 HB User

About 8 months after my hyster....developed all your symptoms, with severe virtigo, anxiety, tummy issues..has been a nightmare. Went to 20 doctors and all tests come back fine...its def hormonal..usually due to low estrogen they tell me? I would rec getting your hormone levels checked.

Old 07-26-2008, 04:36 PM   #4
(female)

margie77 HB User

Thanks so much for your reply--I am certainly hoping this is all due to hormonal changes instead of some neurological disorder. I do have a call in to a gyn doctor who specializes in menopause, hoping she will have some input as well. Have your symptoms improved? Going on vacation so I will check messages when I return next week. Thanks again

Closed Thread