It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2008, 10:06 AM   #1
(female)

yerdua HB User
morning nausea and menopause

I am a 52 year old diabetic woman. I have not have a period for 2 years. For the last 4 days I have had morning nausea. I also seem to feel hot after feeling nauseous. It goes away during the day. But, the morning is debilitating. I try to exercise and go about my normal routine, but I just don't feel well. Could this be due to fluctuating hormones? I even went into after hour care yesterday. Besides the nausea yesterday I also was urinating more than usual. The urinating was not related to my blood sugars which were normal. Menopause?

Old 07-27-2008, 05:49 PM   #2
(female)

VRL HB User
Re: morning nausea and menopause

There's not a lot of common information about nausea and meno, yet more and more women are searching for help. There seems to be a connection. It reminds me of being super-pregnant. I am still going through it. Sometimes its worse than other times. Time of day can fluctuate as well. Certain foods irritate the situation.
I keep waiting for the nausea to go away completely but haven't been right for over a year now. Its been a long pregnancy!

But, I guess its best to rule out anything else more serious first because nausea can be warning sign for other illness.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2008, 04:50 AM   #3
(female)

yerdua HB User

I have been at the doctor's office 2 or 3 times in the last week. I even was sent by ambulance after a strange EKG., My heart checked out fine. I have gall stones! I still am not feeling well. I have lost weight, which concerns me . I guess it is very common to have gall bladder problems if you are a woman over 50. So, if you do have persistent nausea, I would suggest having an ultrasound to determine if you have gall stones.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:08 AM   #4
(female)

silvy333 HB User

Ginger root (nibble on it) can help a lot

Old 08-02-2008, 10:02 AM   #5
(female)

VRL HB User
Red face Re: morning nausea and menopause

Yerdua- I'm so glad you found out the problem. Good thing you went to have it checked.

I like the dried ginger myself. I think it's considered "candied"? In the health food store. Ginger can have a stimulting effect so don't do like I did (on vacation once) and try it before bed.

Old 08-02-2008, 02:56 PM   #6
(female)

jsnellpa HB User

For general nausea, I have also used Cola syrup over crushed ice. For some reason, I have often had to ask for the cola syrup from behind the pharmacy counter. It is a great nausea calmer, though probably not for a diabetic since it is sweet. You can also get ginger syrup at a health food store.

Closed Thread