It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2008, 09:11 AM   #1
(female)

deb71459 HB User
Unhappy Totally Disgusted

Hi All I'm New Here I'm 49 And I'm In Peri Tomorrow I Go To My Gyn. And Let Her Check Me Out, In Feb 08 I Has Brochitis And Smoked For 30 Yrs. Well I Decided To Quit Then Cold Turkey And Now Aug 08 Still Smoke Free But Since Feb I Haven't Been Able To Breathe Right Went To Hosp. For Lung Test And Chest Xray All Ok .i Run 2 Miles On Treadmill No Problem Breathing Went To Nose & Throat Dr He Put Me On Singulair And Nasonex In Addition To Inhaler Went Back To Him For Checkup And Put Me On Advair And Took Me Off Nasonex It Really Didn't Help My Stuffiness And Smell Inside My Nose I Get Occasionally. Well Days Go By And I'm Fine And Then I Can't Breathe Some Days At All. I Read Asthma And Menopause Go Hand In Hand Anyone Ever Had This? I Also Stay Awake Panic Attacks Hot Flashes. I Take Otc Brand For Menopause And Evening Primrose And Other Vit And Supplements. I Feel The Dr For My Nose Thinks I'm Crazy Well Maybe I Am Anyone Please Help Me Shed Some Lite

Old 08-12-2008, 02:37 PM   #2
(female)

VRL HB User
Re: Totally Disgusted

When I hit meno all kinds of weird things began. From allergies I never had before to digstive and breathing problems. I can't begin to mention then all here. Looking back, they were all hormone related. Its always best to get things checked out cause you never know, but in my case it was stricktly hormonal. The other good news is, if its hormonal the symptoms and discomfort come and go. One day I'm fine with wheat, the next I have problems. It can fluctuate with the time of day too. Mornings are bad on my stomach, nightime is worse for breathing etc. See if yours fluctuates too and keep us posted on your doc appointment. Are you considering HRT? It really helped me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2008, 05:26 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

lucylucy HB User
Re: Totally Disgusted

I don't know enough about menopause to know if it's related to asthma, but I do know something about allergies. Have they ever given you tests to determine what you're allergic to? Have you looked at environmental causes, or foods, soaps, and even herbal remedies? I've had some mild allergic reactions (breathing related) to OTC vitamins and herbs. They say the problem might be with the fillers, not necessarily the main ingredients.

I would start by keeping a diary of your symptoms. Note what you ate, what medicines or herbs you took, what you did, time of day, etc.. You might find that your symptoms are related to stages in your menstrual cycle, or certain foods, or places. You could do something like an elimination diet to identify if certain foods or medicines are linked to your symptoms.

Last edited by lucylucy; 08-12-2008 at 05:26 PM.

Closed Thread