HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Menopause (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/menopause/)
-   -   Feeling weird/strange in body and mind!! (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/menopause/625511-feeling-weird-strange-body-mind.html)

pud 08-12-2008 03:19 PM

Feeling weird/strange in body and mind!!

Hi everyone,
Just to elaborate on part of my postings, something I just don't understand, but which has only happened since I have been in the menopause.
Usually in the mornings, but can happen at any time, I just feel really strange and weird in body and mind. I have told umpteen doctors about this, including a psychiatrist, and all I can get out of them is "define 'weird' to me". Well, I can't can I, that's why it is weird!!!!
They keep telling me it's all part of anxiety and depression, but I know only too well the symptoms that these cause, but the weird symptoms are very different, and as above, only began in the meno, but can I get any of the medical lot to believe me??!! It's like banging my head on a brick wall. Luckily (well, not lucky for her) I have a close friend who says she gets these odd feelings too and she is also going through a pretty horrible menopause.
I'm sure I read somewhere on these posts that there is a reason why we feel weird like this in body and mind, and I sure wish someone would explain it to me. If I understood it and why it happens, I may be able to cope with it better!
Any ideas/similar feelings anyone out there?
Pud :)

VRL 08-12-2008 03:44 PM

Re: Feeling weird/strange in body and mind!!

Hormones control brain messages. When the hormones are shifting, the messages get mixed up. That's why you get hot and cold, just for one example. It can make you feel things you aren't used to. For me it even changed the way I think about things. Mine is worse in the morning. Its a weird feeling. Every morning I think, "here we go again". And by noon its gone.
I can take ativan and be wonderful for about 3 days but then the morning weirdness is back.
My recent attempt for more comfort is in the line of electrolytes. Can't tell if its helping yet. But I'd love to settle this thing with something simple. So, for now I'm trying to keep from being dehydrated. I take estrogen and that has helped but I want the rest of my life back.

scout316 08-12-2008 07:56 PM

Hi pud!Just wondering if being nervous is one of "the weird symptoms" you are having.I tend to feel more nervous inthe morning too ad then at night I have a hard time falling asleep,but then I sleep thru the night okay....GRRRRRRRR I wish this menopause would go away....I too long to be "myself" again.Hang in there......in the mean time we can have some humor about how all the doctors can't figure our symptoms out!Take care....keep posting....Scout

pud 08-13-2008 03:58 AM

Thanks for your replies ladies, very helpful. I suppose the shifting hormones, along with my body trying to cope with a new set of drugs, is causing all the weird feelings. These boards are such a help, and its reassuring to know I'm not the only one who gets the strangest of thoughts at this time.
Healing love to all and keep posting.
Pud
xxx

lilian59 08-13-2008 01:54 PM

Sounds like I'm in good company. I think my mind and body have been taken over by an alien as I keep becoming a different person. I have days where I just seem to see the negative in everything and everyone. Its a relief when the feeling lifts and I get to feel normal again. My husband must think he's married to a szchizophrenic (pardon the spelling)
Lil

pammcat 08-13-2008 04:44 PM

Dear Pud......i Needed To Reply Because I Went Through A Year Of Feeling Exactly As You Described....yes Just Weird In The Body And Mind This Is Definatly From Peri ...as We Know There Are Sooooo Many Terrible Symptoms But Unfortunatly The Doctors ....especially Male....dont Have A Clue........my "weirdness" Has Subsided And I Had Many Many Weird Happenings Through This Journey...i Have 5 Sisters And None Of Them Had Any Of These Weird Experiences.....i Dont Have Answers For You But Please Hang In There.........it Is Comforting To Know You Are Not Alone.....keep Telling Yourself That It Will Subside......hormones Gone Wild Will Effect The Entire Mind..body And Soul....i Know First Hand But It Does Go Away.......i Hope I Offered You Some Comfort As I Once Was A Wreck And The Women On This Board Saved Me......keep In Touch With Us As This Will Ease Yor Mind Through This Traumatic Time.....take Care....pam

AmyW 08-13-2008 08:01 PM

Hi pud and everyone! Looks like we're all in the same boat. ;)

I had a hysterectomy in January of 2006 and have felt "weird" ever since. I don't feel like myself much of the time; I feel disconnected. I'm sure that makes sense. Sorry you're feeling like this, pud. Hang in there and lean on everyone here. Trust me, we understand!

:)

Chantal231 08-13-2008 09:54 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm there too. I feel like an alien has invaded and taken over my body.

I'm on hormone therapy too and I know it helps but right now I'm going through a headache, nausea, heartburn and diarrhea spell.

I'm also teary and emotional.

I feel OK for awhile and then BAM something happens.

I also feel dizzy at times too.

I want my life back!

Chantal