It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2008, 02:15 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Ashley9045 HB UserAshley9045 HB User
Menopause question

I am in my early 50's and I know I am starting menopause or possibly going through it. I had heavy bleeding due to fibroids, but since August I have not had a period, except spotting on and off. Did anyone have spotting when going through menopause. I know your period eventually stops, but I guess I was wondering if anyone still had spotting periodically.

Last edited by Ashley9045; 10-28-2008 at 02:15 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2008, 10:42 PM   #2
(female)

Chantal231 HB User
Re: Menopause question

Hi Ashley,

From what I understand all kinds of bleeding patterns are possible.

The only occasions to be concerned are VERY heavy soaking flow and if you've been without a period for over a year or more and then start to bleed you need to be checked by a Dr or healthcare professional.

Chantal

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2008, 06:15 PM   #3
(female)

Toohotforme HB User

Hi Ashley,
Yes, as a matter if fact, for the past year or so I have had on and of spotting for 1 to 2 days at the most. That is, until this July. I had a full blown period, then spotted every single day up until about a week ago. From what I've been told this is very normal, but of course, anything unusual should be checked out if you're concerned. I had the transvaginal untrasound and it came back normal. Just be prepared to expect the unexpected!

Last edited by mod-anon; 11-02-2008 at 12:52 AM. Reason: removed quote

Old 11-02-2008, 04:44 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

HI Ashley. Yes, it's normal during menopause. Like everyone here told you, if you start to bleed heavily and it continues on and off or straight through, you should be checked by your gyne. Having fibroid tumors, if they are large enough can cause horrible heavy bleeding. Estrogen makes them grow. If your estrogen is down then no need to worry, but if you're taking hormones, make sure your estrogen is at minimul and follow up occasionally with your gyne.

Closed Thread