It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2008, 01:45 PM   #1
(female)

lovesvino HB User
Mysterious Rashes - Part of Menopause?

Today is the first day on a "forum". I'd love to hear from any or all out there with the same symptons and some relief if any! I'm 51 and still having regular periods like clockwork. I guess I'll never go through "Menopause". No problems until 4 months ago. A week before my period I broke out in a rash on cheeks. Burning hot and bumps like "sunpoisen spots". Nothing helped. Next month the same, but in addition now my eyebrows have rash, itch, etc. Next month the same, but now rash on my hairline of head. No relief. Now this past week I have all the same, but an additional rash on tummy, bellie button and more additional places on head. I've gone to the dermatologist and nothing has worked so far! If anyone can help I'd love to hear back from you all. Miserable in Newnan!

Old 11-01-2008, 02:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User
Re: Mysterious Rashes - Part of Menopause?

Welcome to the boards!!

Doubt your rash has anything to do with menopause...

are you taking any meds for another condition? Taking new meds around this time of life is common and many of us experience new rashes hours/days/and sometimes months after starting a new prescription.

Have you tried a new soap, shampoo, skin lotion? Sometimes these things happen when we try "new" or "new and improved" products?

If you think the above scenarios don't apply, have you had any new symptoms in the last few months? few years? Colds? Sinus infections? Headaches? Yeast infections? Aches and pains? Sleep problems? If so some other condition may be causing your problems, but most likely, it has nothing or little to do with perimenopause or menopause.

Bethsheba

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread