It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2008, 03:52 PM   #1
(female)

Chantal231 HB User
Getting upset

Hi friends,

I'm 53 and in peri.

I'm finding that since entering this wonderful stage of life I get upset/nervous/scared/weepy very easily.

I had a really bad day yesterday and finally just retreated to my bed trying to find peace.

As some of you know I'm an in-home caregiver to my 89 year old mom. It's so hard assuming the role of parent to a parent.

Also, being unemployed is so hard. I love the holidays but they look pretty bleak this year.

I know I'm stressed out but this hormonal rollercoaster isn't helping.

My Dr has me back on the low dose BCP in hopes of stabilizing me and lightening my flow. I also take an antidepressant. Since being back on the pill my stomach has been messed up too.

Thanks for listening (reading) and for any input and support.

Hugs,
Chantal

Last edited by Chantal231; 11-13-2008 at 03:59 PM. Reason: add a word

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2008, 11:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User
Re: Getting upset

You might try taking a B complex vitamin every day to see if it helps your mood a little. I say this because birth control pills deplete many of the B vitamins. When I was on the pill a couple years ago (before the peri symptoms), I took a B complex every day and it really helped with the depression that the pill was giving me. Peri is hard enough, without having to deal with problems with meds.

Last edited by kittywitty; 11-13-2008 at 11:52 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2008, 06:43 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

liverpool sue HB User
Re: Getting upset

chantal, unfortunately this is all part and parcel of menopause - not much help to you though. i found it to be like raging pms and something which just had to be lived through. just remember to be kind to yourself, you're not superwoman and can't do everything perfectly, all the time, you can only do the best that you can at the time. i too used to find taking myself off to my bedroom for a little weep, or just a lie down or a read of my book, helped me to cope. remember that you're a good person doing your best.
sue

Closed Thread