It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2008, 06:14 AM   #1
(female)

nice2nou422 HB User
Bleeding after Intercourse (no period in mo's)

I 'm 47 yrs old and haven't had a period in well over a year. Thinking I am in the peri or full blown menopause stages here.....I started spotting after intercourse. It isn't much....but it is there.....I saw my GYN on Nov/3rd for routine pap.....is this normal? I don't mean to sound dumb ...I just thought I was through with the bleeding......The pap must be normal...or I would have heard from her (GYN) by now.....they always have the results in a week or so.....just curious what the heck is going on......

thanks for any feed back

Old 11-14-2008, 07:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

liverpool sue HB User
Re: Bleeding after Intercourse (no period in mo's)

i went through a time of this happening although i wasn't menopausal at the time, probably in my early 40s. my gp said i had a cervical erosion, i had no treatment and it stopped of its own accord after a few months. the doctor likened it to lips of my mouth, the inside of the lips are of one type of skin and the lips themselves of another, and there is a part where the two types of skin meet. imagine holding your lips tightly together, then that is what your cervix is usually like. then pout, and that is what an erosion looks like, with the inner lip skin exposed. i think it's more delicate than the outer skin and therefore inclined to bleed after intercourse. i'm not diagnosing what's causing your bleeding obviously, just telling you what happened to me, and of course you must see your doctor if you're worried.
sue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2008, 11:37 AM   #3
(female)

diane777 HB User
Re: Bleeding after Intercourse (no period in mo's)

I've been doing so much reading on this lately. I would call the gyno's office and ask about your results. Sometimes, unfortunately, things slip through the cracks. I feel this problem should be addressed even if your pap looks normal. Bleeding after menopause should always be looked at to determine the cause. I had a little bleeding 5 years after menopause, and the doctor is sending me for an ultrasound this week. I hope your doctor does another test or two to determine why you are bleeding after intercourse. If she doesn't, I would go to another doctor. Best of luck to you to resolve this. I know how the worry can eat you up until you know. Good luck.

Closed Thread