It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2008, 12:22 PM   #1
(female)

ventcrew HB User
Unhappy Palpitations So Scary!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone,

I have not had a period for 16 months now. When I started Peri I started with palps just every now and then. They progressively got worse. I had my heart totally checked out back in 2006 for that reason along with some other issues. I was told my palps were benign and not to worry about them. They did say they could put me on meds for them but I chose not to do that. They now seem worse than ever. I can get them off and on everyday for sometimes 2 weeks and then not get any for sometimes 2 weeks. Mine feel like a skipped beat, (fluttery) and sometimes feel like they take my breath away for a second. Do you think they are menopause related. How long do you go through symptoms after you stopped your period. Will these ever quit or should I give in to meds. Any self help or natural remedies? Thank you all so much.

Ventcrew

Old 11-23-2008, 09:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

liverpool sue HB User
Re: Palpitations So Scary!!!!!!!!!!!

they are a nuisance aren't they? but that's exactly what they are - a nuisance and nothing more. if you're still worried why not go and have your heart checked out again, and if it turns out that it's fine, then decide what to do about taking meds. your palps sound just like mine were and mine carried on for about 2 years after my last period and then stopped completely. i'm now almost 3 years past my last period and no sign of the palps returning so far! i decided i didn't want to go down the route of taking meds and once i knew the palps were meno related i just tried to ignore them. good luck.
sue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2008, 05:58 PM   #3
(female)

ventcrew HB User

Sue,

Thank you so much for responding. It sure makes me feel alot better. I have had them real bad today. They started late afternoon. One thing is that they seem to go away at night (at least so far) I don't know why that happens but thank God it does.

Thanks again,

Karen

Old 11-24-2008, 01:14 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

liverpool sue HB User

karen, i'd never heard of them being a meno symptom when i first started getting them but once i started doing a bit of research into the whole meno thing, i found that they can be the most disturbing symptom of meno for some ladies. apparently they're due to estrogen dominanace and progesterone deficiency, progesterone having a calming and relaxing effect.
sue

Closed Thread