It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2008, 09:21 PM   #1
(female)

losingitat41 HB User
About Progesterone Cream

Hi Everyone ~

I was hoping someone could help me with a few questions I have about an OTC progesterone cream I just purchased. I'm in perimenopause [tested by doctor in April] but I still get my period - tho not regularly. The cream bottle says to use one or two pumps daily but it doesn't tell me when to start using it. I have read on the net to start 7 days after the first day of my period, the 8th day after the first day of my period, and the 14th day before my period - I'm confused and don't know when to start using it - can someone help me please? Also how many days do I use it - I have read 21, 24, and other places never say to stop using it? Any help would be great and thanks for the help everyone! :-)

Losing_it_at_41

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2008, 10:10 AM   #2
(female)

Momto3girlz HB User
Re: About Progesterone Cream

well what I did is start mine the day I got it, used it for I think it was 21 days, then stopped. for 7days
Are you sure this OTC has USP progesterone in it? Either 450 or more?
I use Emerita and love it!

This might help
Women in perimenopause (still menstruating, with cycle changes): Days 1 (first day of bleeding) - 7: do not use Pro-Gest. Days 8-21: use ¼ teaspoon of Pro-Gest twice a day. Days 22-28: use ¼ to ½ teaspoon of Pro-Gest twice a day. If your period begins early, STOP using the Pro-Gest while you are bleeding. Count the first day of bleeding as day one, and begin the cycle again. If your period is late, use the cream for up to 3 weeks (day 28 of your cycle), then take a week off. If your period has not started by the end of the week off, resume use of the cream as described above for days 8-28 or until your period starts. STOP the cream when your period begins. Count the first day of bleeding as day one of your cycle, and begin the cycle over again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2008, 08:43 PM   #3
(female)

losingitat41 HB User
Re: About Progesterone Cream

Thanks Momto3girlz - that helps alot!!! :-) I'm using Life-flo I think its called with 480 mg USP progesterone per serving - now that just sounds weird but ya know what I mean :-) Thanks again for the help

Closed Thread