It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2008, 03:17 PM   #1
(female)

jenniefir HB User
Suffering menopause symptoms.

I`m 51 & suffering many symptoms of anxiety, tearful, cant think straight & constant headache. Have changed from happy go lucky, cheerful person this past year. Have searched internet for suggestions to help menopause mind problems & keep coming up with low serotonin levels. I did not want to take anti-depressants. Discovered way of boosting low serotonin levels by taking
5HTP - an amino acid. Relief started within hours. Low anxiety , calmness, able to cope. Singing again! Worth a try. Buy from largest health food chain in U.K.
I take 3 x 50mg - 1 at breakfast, dinner & before bed as helps with creation of melatonin & good sleep. Do not overdose or take with anti-depressants `cos of "Serotonin syndrome" If anyone finds this helpful - please post a message. Roll on stable hormones!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2008, 10:41 PM   #2
(female)

misty57 HB User
Re: Suffering menopause symptoms.

Hi, What does the 5htp stand for? Misty

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2008, 12:49 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

anitak1982 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty57 View Post
Hi, What does the 5htp stand for? Misty
5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) is an amino acid. You can buy it in the stores. Be careful with this stuff if your already taking depression medication. Can cause major problems.

Old 11-28-2008, 06:52 PM   #4
(female)

misty57 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitak1982 View Post
5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) is an amino acid. You can buy it in the stores. Be careful with this stuff if your already taking depression medication. Can cause major problems.
Hi, What kind of major problems can you get from taking the 5-HTP. I am on Wellbutine 50 mgs a day. I break the 100 mg in half. If I use anymore than that I will get headaches. Thanks Misty

Old 11-29-2008, 07:35 AM   #5
(female)

jenniefir HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty57 View Post
Hi, What kind of major problems can you get from taking the 5-HTP. I am on Wellbutine 50 mgs a day. I break the 100 mg in half. If I use anymore than that I will get headaches. Thanks Misty
There do not appear to be many side effects from 5HTP - please check it out.
But as I said before DO NOt mix with anti-depressants because they re-cycle the Serotonin you already have but 5HTP (with Triptophan in it)produces new Serotonin. Excess is dangerous.

Old 11-30-2008, 12:30 PM   #6
(female)

diane777 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniefir View Post
I`m 51 & suffering many symptoms of anxiety, tearful, cant think straight & constant headache. Have changed from happy go lucky, cheerful person this past year. Have searched internet for suggestions to help menopause mind problems & keep coming up with low serotonin levels. I did not want to take anti-depressants. Discovered way of boosting low serotonin levels by taking
5HTP - an amino acid. Relief started within hours. Low anxiety , calmness, able to cope. Singing again! Worth a try. Buy from largest health food chain in U.K.
I take 3 x 50mg - 1 at breakfast, dinner & before bed as helps with creation of melatonin & good sleep. Do not overdose or take with anti-depressants `cos of "Serotonin syndrome" If anyone finds this helpful - please post a message. Roll on stable hormones!!
I sympathesize with your symptoms. I felt like a crazed raging lunatic for a long time. I got so tired of hating myself. Then I tried a Chinese herbal formula that Dr. Christianne Northrup talks about in her book -- The Wisdom of Menopause. It gets rid of the rage so well and other anxiety-type mental problems that go with menopause. Let me get the bottle and read you what it is.....Chai Hu Long Gu Mu Li Pian. I take it twice a day. I ran out of it and tried going without it, but the evil-me came back so I got some more. It makes me feel sane.

Old 05-12-2010, 02:29 PM   #7
(female)

jarjia HB User

what is the name and were did you buy them i have the exact same symptoms

Closed Thread