It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2008, 12:50 PM   #1
(female)

patches11 HB User
Unhappy Hot & Cold Flashes in the Body

I am 58 years old and having hot and cold flashes all day and all night. I just started taking my hormone pills again but no relief. I need some help! I am so tired all the time and not sleeping well at night.

Old 11-28-2008, 09:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

I C Hot HB User
Re: Hot & Cold Flashes in the Body

Hi Patches11, I sure wish I had a great answer for you, but I don't. I have suffered the hot and cold flashes for a few years now. For the cold at night I have to have a heated blanket and turn it up to high for hours sometimes. I understand not getting good sleep too. I have taken Premarin on and off for a few years and every time I go off it, I get the hot and cold flashes right back. I do think that taking fish, flax and borage pills daily has helped me sleep better and I also try and take calcium and magnesium before bedtime. Mostly I just wanted to let you know you are not alone. I hope and pray it gets better for you soon.
Take care, Julie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2008, 06:18 AM   #3
(female)

Mandarra HB UserMandarra HB User

Last night was the worst, I was having hot and mostly cold flashes all night, even with the heated blanket. It is so bad sometimes that I can't even take my arm out to turn the blanket on. I have not been on hormones, nor do I want to, the only thing that helps me is Ativan, it seems to calm my whole body down and I feel somewhat normal, also I get a great night sleep. Of course the huge problem with that is that they are addictive and not recommended, I take only one or two a month. I wish I could one every day.

Hope you feel better, Mary

Old 11-30-2008, 07:46 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

I C Hot HB User

Mandarra, I am sorry to hear how bad it was, I have also had nights like that, that even the heated blanket seems like it is not even turned on. I then get a fuzzy warm blanket and wrap myself in it and get under the covers, not that it helps much but sometimes it feels nice. I am glad you are only taking Ativan once in a while, I have heard it is helpful. Take care and I hope it gets better for you.
Julie

Old 11-30-2008, 12:15 PM   #5
(female)

Mandarra HB UserMandarra HB User

Thank you Julie. I am going to try and wrap myself in an extra blanket tonight, like a cocoon...
The cold flashes and the anxiety are my worst symptoms by far.
Take care.
Mary

Old 11-30-2008, 01:44 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

I C Hot HB User

I have taken fish, flax, and borage softgels and they have really helped with my anxiety.
Julie

Closed Thread