It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2008, 03:42 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

viktik HB User
An unlikely solution for hot flashes...

Hi everyone,

I started eating raisins every night a while back, and noticed right away that I was not having hot flashes. The last couple of nights because of the holiday and other things going on, I didn't have any raisins. Today, I have been having hot flashes off and on all day! I read about raisins, and they contain boron, which is very helpful in controlling hot flashes. Just thought I would pass this on to anyone who is experiencing severe hot flashes, and would like to know about a natural snack that helps.

Also, today if my first day of using Progesterone Cream. There is a health food store in my neighborhood that carries the one that is doctor recommended, so we'll see! I know it takes a week or so to notice any change, so I will try to be patient...

Viktik

Old 11-28-2008, 09:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

I C Hot HB User
Re: An unlikely solution for hot flashes...

Hi Viktik, Thank you for the idea of eating raisins. I will have to give this a try and see if it helps with the hot flashes any for me. I hope you are feeling better.
Julie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2008, 01:37 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

viktik HB User

Thanks Julie! I'm hoping and praying that the Progesterone Cream will help me to feel a little better. I hope you are feeling better too...

By the way, I ate my raisins last night, and I haven't had any hot flashes today! I'm glad I came across the article I read online, because the raisins seem to be helping with part of my suffering anyway...!

Happy Saturday!

Viktik

Old 11-30-2008, 07:48 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

I C Hot HB User

Viktik, I forgot to try the raisins last night, I thought about it at one point. Glad they do help you.

I used to do the progesterone cream when I wasn't on the HRT and I felt like it did help some. It seemed like it took a couple weeks before I noticed though. Hope you are feeling better.

Julie

Old 11-30-2008, 11:23 AM   #5
(female)

diane777 HB User

WOW, what an interesting thing to find out! I just put it on my shopping list! I went into menopause 5.5 years ago and STILL have daily hot flashes. I've tried so many things. I will definitely try the raisin thing! Can't hurt. Just have to remember to BRUSH THOSE TEETH after eating them so the sugar doesn't harm them during the night.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing what you read!! The only thing that has stopped my hot flashes in the past was sticking to an ayurvedic diet which was very hard because I could only have foods with the tastes -- sweet and bitter. They had a long list of them, but still it was SO hard. I ate that way for a week and felt great. But working so many hours a day and having to come up with lunch every day, I found it very hard to stick to. Raisins are SWEET so that would make sense ayurvedically why they help stop those nasty hot flashes. Can't wait to try it.

Closed Thread