It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2008, 01:49 PM   #1
(female)

mbbasketball HB User
Really Need your help with

I really need your help, worried about cancer.

I thought I was getting closer to menopause, I had not have not had my period for 8months. But I was having continue spotting after intercourse. The GYN said I had a mass so went for an ultrasound.
Seems like my fibroid is growing, my ovaries are enlarged and the report says Physiologic follicles and cysts are noted.
I have been having really bad pelvic pain which runs to my hip and upper buttock. I also have been really tired, bloating and indigestion. All of which says are symptoms of ovarian cancer. They said the C-125 would not be a good indicator since I am not in menopause and having fibroids.
Qestions:

1. Should my fibroids still be growing since I have not had a period for almost 9 months now.

2. If you are almost in menopause, do you still get follicles and cysts?

3. Is this all normal for peri-menopause?

4. Would the ultrasound show early ovarian cancer or any other they that may be going on in the female area?

What worries me is the pain, I never had this type when I had my regular period except for cramping the first two days of my period.

Thanks

Old 12-02-2008, 02:31 AM   #2
(female)

VRL HB User
Re: Really Need your help with

I guess these are questions for your doctor. But being I had the cancer scare, cysts etc I can tell you that an ultra sound will show any mass or cysts but not the pathology of them. My understanding is that this can these problems can happen anytime. Even young girls have these issues.
The pain was very bad for me before surgery. I would apply the electric hot pad. I used to say I was in labor. And then the swelling began. I looked pregnant. Turns out it wasn't cancer. Just painfull cysts in my tubes and ovaries.
Its up to you how aggressive you want to pursue a solution.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread