It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2008, 01:56 PM   #1
(female)

daylilly08 HB User
New to board with menopause questions

Hi Everyone! I have never posted before but thought this might just answer
questions I have. I am 47, no period since Sept 29 and I feel like I am falling
apart. I have this muscle tension in my neck that goes down to my shoulders constantly for the past two weeks. Is this a menopause symptom?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2008, 06:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

I C Hot HB User
Re: New to board with menopause questions

Welcome to the board daylilly08,
A quick answer to your question is yes...... Aching, sore joints, muscles and tendons and Increased tension in muscles is all normal among the other 35-40 symptoms. I hope that you start feeling better soon. You have found a wonderful place to ask questions and have the support needed during the time in life when many things can start to change. Take care,
Julie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2008, 06:39 PM   #3
(female)

daylilly08 HB User

Thanks for the welcome I C Hot. I feel better already! I will try to stop stressing about
the way I feel these days as I am sure that doesn't help matters.
Daylilly08

Old 12-03-2008, 09:02 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

I C Hot HB User

You are right, it doesn't help matters to stress, but worry seems to be one more thing that comes along with menopause. I know for me anxiety and worrying about my health have been hard to deal with at times. Glad you are feeling better already. Take Care,
Julie

Old 01-10-2009, 10:52 AM   #5
(female)

annao HB User
Unhappy Re: New to board with menopause questions

Was reading your thread and was glad to hear that muscle tension/pain can be a symptom . I am 50 yrs old - irregular periods - heavy - light - never know when to expect it - skip a month - twice in one month!!!! Anyway - since Sept I have had all sorts of anxiety/panic/depression and weird body aches and pains. Was in the ER for what was determined to be a panic attack in Sept and all they could find was a slightly elevated white count and put me on antibiotics. My GP didn't think it was a problem to be futher evaluated and thinks its anxiety /depression related to menopause. He suggested low dose of Zoloft and said he has had good results with women on it- Don't know what to do - I worry ALL the time , think that something is seriously wrong with me and am really having trouble functioning!! Thanks for listening!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to annao For This Useful Post:
redhead2324 (06-07-2012)
Old 01-10-2009, 01:14 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

This is no fun picnic is it ladies? I am suffering from so many symptoms and it makes me feel like I am losing it also. I know I am not nuts. I just feel like I have so much panic and anxiety. This is the worst part of it for me. I think it really effects me mentally and emotionally. Do any of you feel that way? Like right now I am expecting my period any day now. Breast are tender, I feel a little dizzy and shaky like more hormones are taking a dip, alot of worry thoughts that can sometimes make my heart race. I even think this has effected my digestive track. I have heartburn more and acid reflux. I even went and had an endoscopy done yesterday and the doctor checked my esoph. stomach and just beyond and found nothing wrong. Thank goodness! But how does that explain my weird symptoms, phantam pains...am I going crazy ladies? I am 44 by the way.

Last edited by TEdds83; 01-10-2009 at 01:16 PM.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:02 AM   #7
(female)

daylilly08 HB User

Hi annao! Like you, I seem to worry constantly. It is hard not to with all that goes on in our "menopause" world. It has all hit me like a ton of bricks. You mentioned muscle/tension pain as one of your symptoms. Where are you experiencing this? Mine is
in my upper back.
Daylilly08

Old 01-15-2009, 10:11 AM   #8
(female)

annao HB User

Dear Daylilly:
I too have upper back/shoulder pain - sometimes even under my arms!! Legs hurt at times too- there's no reason for it really other than tension, I guess! I just started very low dose of zoloft last wk. After much talk/testing with my internist I really felt that I needed something.I have had perimenopause symptoms for a couple yrs. now and have just tried to deal with it with diet/exercise , etc. but was having a really hard time coping. Although I'm not really thrilled with being on meds - I am feeling a bit better already. You might want to try some yoga in the AM - that seems to help a bit - the worry was just too much for me tho and I'm hopeful that the meds will help with that! Its a strange time of life - isn't it?? Hoping you're feeling better soon!

Old 01-15-2009, 10:16 AM   #9
(female)

annao HB User

Dear TEdwards 83 :I have found that the time right before my period is the worst!
Problem now is I never know when its coming ( I'm 50 ) If you are still regular in your cycle - make sure you take the time to relax!!! Cup of decaf tea, yoga , etc. if you can - I know that always makes me feel a little better. Even walking around the block a couple of times can help me with stress although I usually have to push myself to do it! Perimenopause/menopause is much more exhausting than I ever thought it could be - My gyn says everyone is different but boy do I feel like I've been hit with every symptom there could be - Hope your feeling better soon!

Last edited by annao; 01-15-2009 at 10:17 AM.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:31 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

marymk HB User

Hi Ladies,

I can relate to all of this. I didn't have a period since mid Sept (after having D&C for thick uterine lining). About mid December started getting terrible PMS symptoms - really sore breasts, bloating and also had back/shoulder and neck pain - seemed like a really bad mucle pull. Well I did get my period this week and I just realized most of the symptoms are gone.

My worry iis that it seems like this cycle will keep going until I'm finally done - YUK !! I am not looking forward to a month long (or more) of sypmtoms while waiting for a period to begin. I'm hoping that when it's finally over we'll all feel better - I think the crazy hormone flucuations cause all of this.

It would be nice to hear from those who are done and how they are feeling now - to give us something to look forward to

Mary

Old 01-17-2009, 05:53 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belle2003 HB User

I had a pain like that for 3 weeks. I checked out this book at the library called
7 steps to a pain free life by Robin McKenzie. The author is a physical therapist. It has neck exercises that are really easy. You are supposed to initially do them 6 times a day. They are so easy that I would do them while driving to work when stopped at a light. Within a couple of days I was 95% better. Now whenever I feel my neck tense up, I do these two exercises and presto the pain is gone.

The book has back exercises too, but they didn't work as well for me as the neck exercises.

Old 01-22-2009, 05:21 PM   #12
(female)

daylilly08 HB User

TEdwards,

You are so right about this being no picnic. Every day I wake up and think could this
be the day I am going to feel like my old self? I always knew hormones had an effect
but never did I think the effect could be so great. So in the mean time I guess we just
keep on truckin' and hoping that day we feel "normal" again comes soon!

Old 01-29-2009, 09:28 AM   #13
(female)

eagleseer HB User

i cant go on hormones because i have always had palpitations and with peri meno pause they got so bad i had to go on two heart meds, now 2 yrs march no period and the flashes are burning, and i feel this pressure everywhere, constand mirgrain....i dont know, im even afraid of the natural stuff because my heart is so sensitive, even a heavy meal or sweets will trigger it.....and stress meno so much worse, ,my daughter left after 18 wonderful yrs without a warning for a guy 1 1/2 ys ago and my mother died this past dec, sooo im a mess

Old 01-30-2009, 01:59 PM   #14
(female)

annao HB User

So sorry that you still feel so bad. I think that stress can definately make all of this worse. I lost my beloved Dad last yr and have been so much worse since then, the stress of him being in the ICU for 3 months and then passing away ... also , financial concerns like I'm sure lots of people out there... kids in college , etc. I'm just trying to take it one day at a time. My Gyn recommended soy - said that can help with flashes and night sweats - I don't know if that would help you or not... I did take it for awhile and I think it helped a bit. I do Yoga every morning too- just an easy beginner tape but I swear by it!!! Take care!

Closed Thread