It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2008, 06:40 AM   #1
(female)

kymi7 HB User
New to this.......

I am 45 and have recently been diagonosed as being in perimenopause. Aside from the horrendous hot flashes, racing heart, hair loss, dry skin, headaches, swelling in arms and legs, serious joint pain, weight gain and overall nasty attitude........(my poor husband).....the biggest concern right now is the lack of sleep. I do not sleep more than 4 hours at a time. Doctor gave me ambien but still cannot stay asleep. Thyroid has been checked and they told me it was normal. She also prescribed a HT called Premyno which I cannot find ANYTHING about on the web. She states she took for years with no side effects etc and was back to her normal self. Can anyone help with this drug? Have you heard of it? Taken it etc? Also, with the lack of sleeping and any natural for perimenopause as I don't want to take drugs for the next 10 years if I don't have too..

THANKS...............

Old 12-07-2008, 10:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

I C Hot HB User
Re: New to this.......

kymi7, Welcome. I can't help with the Premyno as I have never heard of it either. I am sorry to read all the symptoms you are experiencing. I have had many of them and they do seem to come and go for me. I would recommend Fish, Flax, and Borage softgels, they have helped me with anxiety, panic, and sleep. I still only get a few hours at a time though. For the achy joints I take alfalfa tablets, they are dry and you need to take many (6-20) a day but they are not expensive and have helped with my joints. Keep checking in and asking questions, many women here are so supportive and have been through it already and can help. Take Care,
Julie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2008, 07:18 PM   #3
(female)

paticake35 HB User

I don;t have anything to add regarding the drug, but I jsut wnat you to know I have exactly the same symptoms and it is such a drag! Hopefully we will feel better soon! Hang in there!

Old 12-30-2008, 09:35 AM   #4
(female)

periwoman HB User

Hi I am new to this site too. What attracted me most of your post was the hair loss that you mentioned you are suffering. I too am suffering from that and it is making me miserable. I have been to several doctors and they say "Oh its perimeno dont worry it will stop " But I am worried. How much shedding have you noticed and for how long. Thanks for your info. And welcom

Old 12-30-2008, 02:18 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

I C Hot HB User

The most common cause of hair loss is low thyroid function, which is common among menopausal women. Other causes include changes in hormone levels (decrease or increase), increased testosterone, increased stress (physical or emotional). Try and stay as stress free as possible and know this to will pass.
Julie

Old 01-01-2009, 07:47 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

leea1206 HB Userleea1206 HB User

I wonder if your talking about Prempro? I have never taken it but know it is a synthetic estrogen.

I am post menopausal and have found alot of relief from hot flashes with OTC, black cohosh (Remefemin 1 in am/1 in pm).

Leea

Old 01-31-2009, 06:26 AM   #7
(female)

kymi7 HB User

Hello PeriWoman- I am really please to say the hair loss which went on for about 6 mos has definitely slowed. NO bald spots or anything like that but I definitely notice how thin it has become. My hairdresser said it too. However, it seems to have reached it's peak. I C HOT- thanks for the FLAX, FISH OIL and BARAGE, I will look into that

Closed Thread