It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2008, 03:45 PM   #1
(female)

spookey2 HB User
post-menopause..bleeding...fibrods

I am praying that I will get some help with my worries...started 4 days ago with spotting and some light bleeding...went to the hospital and the doctor said it was coming from my uterus..I have 2 softball size fibrods and he said he felt very sure they were causing this....I saw my regular doctor today who did a pelvic and said yes the uterus felt good and she could feel the fibrods..she is having do a biospy and ultrasound and testing blood for menopause levels...I have had some mild bleeding today and feel pressure on my bladder...I am sorry to go on and go but I am sick with fear...its all I can do to get dressed and move around my house...I would so appreciate any help from anyone....thank you so very much.....becky .. 54 year old postmenopause.....scared scared woman

Old 12-10-2008, 06:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

I C Hot HB User
Re: post-menopause..bleeding...fibrods

Welcome Spookey2,
Please try and not worry, I know that isn't easy to do. A uterine fibroid is the most common benign (not cancerous) tumor of a woman's uterus (womb). Fibroids develop with the uterine wall or attach to it. They may grow as a single tumor or in clusters. Uterine fibroids can cause excessive menstrual bleeding, pelvic pain, and frequent urination. I have read that the cause could be from hormonal levels. It is good that your doctor is checking your blood work and doing a biopsy, but until then try and remember that it is not unusual so I am sure all will work out for the good real soon.
Take care, Julie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2008, 07:32 PM   #3
(female)

spookey2 HB User
Re: post-menopause..bleeding...fibrods

Thanks for the kind words!!!

Closed Thread