It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2008, 06:24 AM   #1
(female)

hobogirl HB User
hot flashes and fainting

I have been having night sweats for awhile now, and I am now starting to have hot flashes in the early evening hours. A couple of nights ago we were having dinner with friends and I had one and when I got up to leave, the chair that I was sitting in was wet from me sweating. Last night I had another bad hot flash while at dinner and this time I thought that I was going to faint. Last night really scared me. I had to get my daughter to drive home because I was feeling so bad and we had to stop on the side of the road, I thought that I was going to be sick. Has any one else had these types of symptoms?

Old 12-13-2008, 05:01 AM   #2
(female)

soontobethree HB User
Re: hot flashes and fainting

Hello Hobogirl,

I am a 49 year old woman and am in the midst of "closing down shop". I have not had too many hot flashes thus far. But about ten days ago I had a really bad innocent. It began with feeling warm. I actually was on a heating pad as we do keep our home cool. I began feeling too hot. Shortly after that my stomach started to turn and I began feeling like I was going to throw up and have the runs. I was able to get downstairs and tell my husband that I wasn't well. I stretched out on the cold tile floor and then began to feel better. I was able to get back upstairs. But not realizing that the heat was the culprit, I stretched back out on the heating pad. A few minutes later my husband came upstairs and I told him that I felt sick to my stomach and needed help getting to the bathroom. As I was heading to the bathroom, I fainted.

I have had a glucose tolerance test done, an echocardiogram, an ekg, and some regular blood work and a urinalysis. I have not received the results of the testing yet.

Then yesterday I went out to the store with my husband. While we were in the car I began to feel tremendously hot. Within seconds my stomach started to turn and I felt like I would vomit and have the runs. The color soon ran out of my face and I felt I was going to pass out.

My husband turned off the heat and I opened the windows and reclined my chair back. I was able to stop the episode before I fainted, but it was a struggle to push past the incident.

It dawned on me last night that both times started with heat and feeling hot. I am in the midst now of looking to see if this is menopause related. I will be in big trouble if it is. I am a fitness instructor and spend a great deal of my life bouncing around a gym. If I get sick like this at work it is going to be very problematic.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2008, 01:45 PM   #3
(female)

Chantal231 HB User

Hi ladies,

I'm in the midst of a similar problem. I'm 53 and still in peri.

What happens to me is that I break out in a sweat, feel horribly nauseous and then feel like I'm ready to faint. It's an awful feeling.

My Dr is checking my gallbladder as I have some degree of nausea most of the time.

Chantal

Old 12-13-2008, 05:51 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

I C Hot HB User

Hi, I used to have a awful time when getting a hot flash I would get nauseated and feel like I was about to faint (but never did faint) but it has gotten better over the last year or so. It was a awful feeling, I knew exactly when a hot flash was coming on just because of the sick feeling right before it.
Julie

Old 12-15-2008, 08:12 AM   #5
(female)

EllaMary HB User
Question Re: hot flashes and fainting

Hi my hot flashes have got steadily worse and worse and I am now experiencing
the fainting feeling. Its when the hot flashes lead to running with perspiration that I sometimes feel really faint. I have no ides how to stop it or how to deal with it does anybody??l

Old 01-14-2009, 12:24 AM   #6
(male)

Marko1 HB User

My wife has bad hot flashes and started taking vitiman E she says it seems to help 1000's one the moring and one in the evening. she also says they drain her of her energy. try it can't hurt GL

Closed Thread