It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2008, 07:34 PM   #1
(female)

klava HB User
Kidney, ovary, or pre-menopause?

I've been looking up for symptoms - whether I have kidney problems, ovarian problems, or just plain peri-menopause. Still can't figure out.

- I'm 44 and for the last 6-9 months have been having shorter cycles (25-28 days vs. 36 days all my life).

- I have had lower back pain (only on my right side) for what seems like 2 years. It's nagging dull pain, similar to a sciatica pain if it was replanted on the back. Sometimes it goes around to the front, but it's not abdominal pain.

- My this current period started 18 days after the previous. I've read that anything less than 21 day could be indication fo something serious.

- But then again my last three periods were very weird. One was looking normal and was winding up by the 6th day, but re-started with fresh bright red blood and went on for 8 or 9 days altogether. The period after that just couldn't start forever and finally started on day 31 (I got used to 25-28 days already), and all it was three days of weak pink flow. Then this one on the 18th day.

- Three days before this last period I had very sharp pain in the lower abdomen - I thought it was ovulation pain though I NEVER had ovulation pain before. It was 15th cycle day, one would think that it was ovulation time, but the period started three days later.

I'll go see the doctor on the 6th of January, but I was just wondering what could all this be.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2008, 07:32 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

marymk HB User
Re: Kidney, ovary, or pre-menopause?

Klava,

My periods got much shorter in cycle for a few years - from about age 44 - 48. Sometimes only 15-17 days apart. I was under the care of my GYN at the time for ovarian cysts - so she was keeping a eye on it all. Then they really went nuts - two weeks apart and one summer I bleed for alomst 5 weeks - she then put me on provera to stop the bleeding. I did have a couple of endometrial biopsy's during this time to make sure nothing serious was wrong - everything checked out OK - unitl this year. My periods started skipping - which I thought was great, after all the bleeding.

I ended up having a D&C in September this year for mild hyperlasia and everything has turned out good, so far - I get another biopsy to recheck the condition next month. It seems my periods have just about stopped - I'm 50 now, so I guess it's about time.
Also, during these past few years, I have had alot of ovarian type pain - I never seemed to get this when I was younger - I still get it sometime now.

I would just mention all your symptoms when you go in January - and I bet much of it is due to peri-menopuase.

Mary

Closed Thread