It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2008, 06:29 PM   #1
(female)

threegirls HB User
Question 39 and Peri?????

So I turned 39 in December and since then have fallen apart! The other day I'm standing in line and start to sweat like I'm on a treadmill! In the past 6 months I have had dizzy spells, cramping (not like period cramps, strange cramping like muscle spasms in my abdomen), general stiffness and muscle soreness everywhere and the other day my husband suggested I get checked for mono b/c I slept for nearly 48 hours. Not like my schedule allows for that - I was exhausted. I have been treated for endo, had three c-sections (and have so much scar tissue - it may be another string), recently had a hysterosonogram in preparation for ablasion. Now I'm not sure that this is the right step...I feel like something is being missed. I am an active person in generally great health - exercise nearly everyday! There just seems to be so many symptoms out of the norm for me in the past 4-6 months. Should I dig down a layer or two w/ the docs? Follow through on the ablasion in the hopes that heavy prds stop? It could be iron - I'm prone to anemia and am going to try some now. After reading the posts, it sounds like I could be peri, but my doc dismissed me immediately when I suggested it. Oh, so confused....any thoughts?

Old 12-28-2008, 03:34 PM   #2
(female)

klava HB User
Re: 39 and Peri?????

Could be something to check with an endocrinolog - some glands (adrenal, thyroid) could be out of whack. Exhastion could be from low thyroid. Do you have heart palpitations? Full physical would be good.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2008, 07:08 AM   #3
(female)

threegirls HB User

Thanks so much - I think I will at least suggest the docs look at me a little closer. I consider myself to be pretty in touch w/ my body and know that all these symptoms are a out of the norm - for me. I thought it was stress from work and as a matter of fact did have what I thought was a panic attack on a bridge (heart racing, sweating, thought I would pass out - which isn't good when driving!). The doctor said that it would highly abnormal for someone in my shape and age to have a heart problem, that it was probably a panic attack. But in light of all the other things happening, I started to dig around on-line and found the boards. Thanks for your help!

Old 12-29-2008, 04:04 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

I C Hot HB User

threegirls, Welcome to the board, it is such a great place to discuss things and be reminded you are not alone. The heart racing and sweating are common during peri menopause among other things. I take fish, flax, and borage softgels daily and they have helped me so much with the panic attacks and anxiety I was having. It isn't perfect but much better. You are always the best person that knows your body and what seems out of the ordinary for you, I hope between you and your Dr's you can find some answers. Take care,
Julie

Closed Thread