It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2008, 04:51 AM   #1
(female)

ashmegmom HB User
Peri or Pregnant

I need advice please. I am 44 and I had sex once this month using withdrawal method. My period has been a little irregular for a couple of years. Normally every 3 weeks but it does fluctuate occassionally and last month it was 4 1/2 weeks. I have night sweats and hot flashes off and on. Irregular heartbeats and now have PMS symptoms such as moodiness and uncomfortable cramps which I didn't have as bad when I was younger. I am freaking because my period has not started yet. I know I could be pregnant but what are the odds? I need to know from some of you with more understanding of Peri which is more likely. I am waiting to do a pregnancy test because I don't want a false reading. Please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2008, 08:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

I C Hot HB User
Re: Peri or Pregnant

Well ashmegmom, Having night sweats, hot flashes, Irregular heartbeats and moodiness are all signs of peri (among many more symptoms) but since you are still having a period you could still get pregnant. I am not sure how long it has been since your last period but I would take the test and find out. The longer you go you are stressing yourself out and you know stress delays the period. You might find another method other then the withdrawal method if you don't really want to be pg. There are many supplements out there to help with the hot flashes, night sweats and other stuff but they do take time to work. Hope that help,
Julie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread