It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2008, 07:32 PM   #1
(female)

Chantal231 HB User
Perimenopause digestive issues

Hi ladies,

Happy New Year!

I've been having an increase in digestive issues and wonder how all of you are doing?

I have a hiatal hernia and as a result have had some problems with GERD. However since starting peri the GERD is much worse.

I also have nausea and bouts of diarrhea and constipation. I do have IBS but again everything is worse since starting peri.

Both of my Drs (PCP and GI) do not seem concerned and told me it all could be just fluctuating hormones. I am scheduled for an upper endoscopy and colonoscopy in January.

I've tried taking Prilosec but it makes me headachy, fatigued and crampy.

I have a lot of gas and do a lot of burping. I also get hiccups.

I've had an abdominal ultrasound and a HIDA scan. Gallbladder looked OK but my ejection fraction was high. Again my Drs did not seem concerned.

I'm tired of feeling sick and unable to eat what I want.

I also have bouts of dizzyness(sp) and am still getting regular periods. I'm 53 and ready for all of this to stop.
Sure hope 2009 is better than 2008.

Chantal

Old 01-01-2009, 02:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

I C Hot HB User
Re: Perimenopause digestive issues

Hi Chantal231, I am sorry you are having such issues, yes peri makes things much worse. Because of the hiatal hernia I would say you do need to watch it cafefully but try and keep the stress low as I think it makes it worse. I go to a Naturpathic Dr. and I take a good digestive enzyme that has REALLY helped me. I did try some OTC ones and they helped some but not enough. Hope this helps. The bouts of dizzyness can be from the peri also, I have had dizzyness for a long time now, some days are worse then others. Take care,
Julie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2009, 01:25 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

viktik HB User

Hi Chantal,

I am 54 and I have been dealing with EVERYTHING you mentioned for a long time now. I really haven't felt like myself in over 4 years. I have a few good days now and then, but for the most part, I have been suffering constantly since all this hit hard 4 years ago. No one in my world understands how badly I feel, and I try not to say too much because I don't want to bring anyone down. I have an appt. on Tuesday with a highly respected gynecologist, so I am praying he will be able to help me. I want to feel better so badly so that I can do more. I understand exactly how you are feeling. You are not alone!

Keep us posted on how you are doing!

Viktik

Old 01-05-2009, 06:17 PM   #4
(female)

wagnerll HB User

Hey, I am in the same boat you all are! My doctor said it sounded like I was perimenopausal about 3 or 4 yrs ago. And now I suspect, after my body doing all kinds of weird stuff, that I may be changing from perimenopausal to menopausal. Yes, everyone says, "oh, you're a little young for that," but it is possible. I thought I was having heart attack symptoms about a month ago and went to the ER. My chest pain was more to the left and not really a crushing feeling, more like a really sore feeling. I also was dizzy and had a hot flash all at the same time. And then immediately after the dizzy thing my left arm was tingy and then numb, but only in the area above my elbow. They did all the typical tests for heart attack and blood clots. Everything negative! I have no family history of heart disease, yada yada yada.... I am not "at risk". So they send me home... no diagnosis!! Then ever since that incident, every once in a while my face will get really hot and feel flushed, but it won't really look red to anyone! Then the other day after eating dinner my stomach just burned the rest of the night. My periods have started to be irregular for a couple of months now. And they've changed from super-bad to tolerable. They were really severe for about 5 yrs! I even had a couple of months last year that I stayed in bed for a couple of days because of the pain! Oh, and I am so emotional all the time that I can't even watch the news without crying! This whole thing is freakin' me out! It's like my body is on a roller-coaster ride. I don't know how much longer I can take it!

Old 01-10-2009, 02:50 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

HI Ladies! I will chime in with you now. I am having a horrible day today. I am beginning to think mine is all perimenopausal related. I hate this! I really do!
I have developed acid reflux and just had an endoscopy yesterday only to find out everything looks normal in there (which I am grateful) but I still have the symptoms of reflux. Today I feel rotton. I am expecting my period any moment. But I am dizzy, my ears are ringing a little bit. My jaw, mouth, throat and ears hurt. Probably from the guard the put in my mouth for the endo procedure. ugh! But I feel shaky. I don't know if it is the sedation wearing off or what.

I have felt like this a couple days before my period starts and then once my period starts is like the hormones change enough that I don't have anxiety and shaky symptoms. I just hope I am not dehydrated. I had that once to and it was terriable. I shaky etc..

Closed Thread