It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2009, 09:39 AM   #1
(female)

kymi7 HB User
Depression

Hello, thank you all for the warm welcome and the advice before. The Hair falling out seems to have slowed dramatically, thank goodness. Now in addition to all mentioned before is this serious depression. Is this part of it also? I mean NOTHING MAKES me happy anymore, I feel I have nothing to look forward too. I can barely do my job, just enough to get by. I count the hours so I can go home and just stare at the tv. Granted, my hubby and I are having financial problems (WHO ISN'T THESE DAYS?) however, we have a plan and I am really okay with it............but I cannot shake this depression. People comment on it all the time. "WHY don't you smile anymore?". Also, I tried these natural vitamins from the local Vitamin store called FEM SUPPORT, has the soy, Black Cohosh etc the rest is just vitamins. and they make me naseous. Can anyone help?

Old 01-05-2009, 02:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

I C Hot HB User
Re: Depression

The depression that comes with menopause can be awful. I started taking Fish, Flax, and Borage softgels and it did help. It also does help me sleep better too. You could also try other natural supplements fro depression. Right now I am having brain fog and can't even think of what they are called lol. Sorry.
Julie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2009, 08:26 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Laye HB UserLaye HB UserLaye HB User

I'm right here with you. I have been depressed for so long now. I used to be able to bounce back from these moods. But not anymore. It won't lift. Nothing makes me excited or happy. I can't even read a book. I have no motivation whatsover. I have men asking me out and I have no interest in them. No one. It's starting to bother me because I want to start enjoying life again. Peri is no fun..and that is what I'm in right now. I hate it!!

Old 01-28-2009, 05:06 PM   #4
(female)

Malaron HB User

I cannot find happiness anymore either. I can definitely relate. I go to the store and end up sitting in the parking lot for an hour, crying. I am miserable, I cannot find enjoyment in anything. I muddle through each day with the only goal of climbing back into bed. I only feel safe in my room. The depression and panic attacks are terrible.

Old 01-29-2009, 02:27 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

I C Hot HB User

Malaron, My heart goes out to you. Have you considered a low dose AD? Sometimes it is just enough to get you to feeling better. I pray you feel better soon.
Julie

Old 01-29-2009, 03:52 PM   #6
(female)

lovecanada HB User

Have you tried bioidentical progesterone? I am on it and it seems to help with the feeling of depression.

Old 01-29-2009, 04:00 PM   #7
(female)

LisaH1960 HB User

Hi Malaron,

Sorry you’re going through such a bad time. Julie may be right, you may want to talk to your doctor about anti-depressants. But keep in mind that it may take a bit of patience to get it right. Several years ago I was going through a very rough time, and was prescribed Zoloft, which didn’t work out for me (made me feel spacey and goofy, among other things). Then the doc changed the prescription to Wellbutrin, and that really seemed to help. Six months later I was able to quit with no problems.

More recently I began taking a product called Wisdom Menopause Formula which was recommended to me for the terrible hot flashes and night sweats I’d been suffering. I’ve been taking it for about a month, and it really helped with those symptoms right from the beginning, but over the past two weeks or so, my emotional symptoms have REALLY mellowed out as well. I had been having terrible mood swings, anxiety, paranoia, and feelings of hopelessness and doom. I’d be fine one minute, then sobbing for no reason, and then attacking my husband like a wolverine!

Lately I’ve been much more calm and rational, and I don’t seem to be obsessed with the nagging worries that were creating havoc in my mind all the time. Did it solve my problems? No, but it finally seems like everything is in its proper perspective.

I previously had no idea that menopause could be so disruptive and debilitating. Oh sure, I’d heard women talk, but I always chocked it up to the ‘drama queen’ syndrome. No more.

Hang in there kiddo! Talk to your doctor, and be you own advocate. If one thing doesn’t work, keep at it until you find something that does!

Lisa

Old 01-29-2009, 06:40 PM   #8
(female)

Malaron HB User

Thank you all. I did visit my doctor today, doing a bunch of tests. Scheduled for some tomorrow morning. Ultrasound on my gallbladder and doppler on my left leg. Then lab tests. I found Wisdom Menopause Formula <removed>. Less worrying helps.

Last edited by mod-anon; 01-29-2009 at 09:25 PM. Reason: do not post commercial websites

Closed Thread