It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2009, 01:34 PM   #1
(female)

whitsmom HB User
Can all of this be perimenopause symptoms?

The last few weeks, I've been having issues with my stomach, which I have had for years, but this is a bit different.

I've had cramps go thru my upper abdomen like waves, which I assume is gas. My stomach gurgles quite alot and I've had a bit of diarrehea(sp) the last couple of days. I also have some cramps lower down, a bit like menstrual cramps and sometimes I just have aches going through my pubic area. My lower back has been achy, as well. I just finished my period about a week ago, but that doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot anymore!

Can aches like this go along with peri?? I don't think I like this much.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:46 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

marymk HB User
Re: Can all of this be perimenopause symptoms?

Hi,
A couple of years ago, my stomache was also gurggling/growling almost every day - usually in the afternoon - but also at other times. It almost was like that empty stomach noise, but I did not have an empty stomach. I was about 47 at the time, and thought it might alsio be related to perimenopause (I was having other issues as well - such as irregular periods etc.. ).

I did some reearch and found that I am lactose intolerant (I never was before). I stopped having cereal with milk in the morning, and cut way back on ice cream (which I had mostly in the evening) and it stopped.

I read that this can happen as we age - so I guess it's not that usual. Also, both my son and daughter are lactose intolerant - diagnosed as children, so it wasn't surprising that I am too.

If you intake alot of dairy, then I would try cutting back and see if it helps - and go from there.

Mary

Last edited by marymk; 01-08-2009 at 07:47 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread