It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2009, 04:22 AM   #1
(female)

trustintheLord HB User
Cinnamon= no more night sweats!!

(I have been taking cinnamon in tablet form (2 a day which is like a tablespoon full) for quite awhile now and though my main reason was to control my sugar cravings, I found that it also has ended my night sweats. Because cinnamon is known to reduce blood sugar, I think my night sweats are due to raised blood sugar caused by maybe a late-night starchy snack or even the 5 pieces of Bazooka gum I sometimes would chew before going to bed. I had been getting night sweats since I was in my late 20's and much more frequently in my late 40's which is where I am now but never hot flashes even though I no longer have my period (don't want to call it the m-word....sorry....).
I would like to find out if cinnamon will also help with hot flashes so if anyone can try it and report back to me on the results I sure would appreciate it.
BTW, it really works for the sugar and starchy food cravings---this is coming from a former candy junkie. One day w/o the cinnamon and it hits me like the old days---lol.

Old 01-21-2009, 03:24 PM   #2
(female)

bella207 HB User
Question Re: Cinnamon= no more night sweats!!

I am in my late 20's and have been having problems with night sweats for over 5 years. I think it is related to my blood sugar also because I don't get them if I don't eat much. Can you tell me can I get the Cinnamon capsules at any health food store? Also is there a particular time of day that you take them?

Last edited by mod-anon; 01-21-2009 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Please use the Quick Reply button instead of Quote Reply.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2009, 11:19 PM   #3
(female)

BOBERS47 HB User
Re: Cinnamon= no more night sweats!!

i'm sure going to try the cinnamon. I'm tired of waking up in a " pond " i swear, its horrid. You cant even really call that a " sweat" this is way beyond that. And when its cold and you wake up in this " pond of sweat" getting out from the covers is a nightmare. And god forbid the heater kicks on. Omg!!!!!! Every single night and morning, i have to lay there and get up the nerve to take the covers of. I'm so wet and its so cold. God bless us poor ladys in menopause.

Last edited by mod-anon; 02-01-2009 at 11:59 AM. Reason: removed quote

Old 02-01-2009, 04:06 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

drs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB User

From my experience...any sugar or sweet an hour after dinner or later makes my night sweats worse. If I eat a sweet with in the hour of my main meal it's fine though.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:30 AM   #5
(female)

dragonfly57 HB User

I totally agree that cinnamon can stop or heavily reduce sugar cravings. It has gotten mine completely under control. It was recommended to me by a doctor to regulate blood sugar.

Disabled
A lot of diagnoses
Only by the grace of God do I keep on going

Old 04-26-2009, 07:38 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

I sprinkle it in my coffee and put it on my oatmeal. Good for lowering cholestrial

Old 10-28-2009, 02:11 PM   #7
(female)

amythyst12 HB User

I started drinking protein/fruit shakes for breakfast about two months ago. I also include 1/4 - 1/2 t of cinnamon in the shake. Around that time my night sweats went away and my sugar cravings settled down. I attributed all of that to the hormones I was taking, which I'm not now. Obviously it was the cinnamon all along which would explain why on the days I don't drink the shake, I really start thinking about sugar again.

Anyway, I haven't had a single night sweat since I started this. Good information. Thanks for sharing.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:22 PM   #8
(female)

myouchie HB User

Wow how interesting! I will have to try this.

Old 11-13-2009, 06:59 AM   #9
(female)

s cubed HB User

I LOL when i read BOBERS47's comments. It was like reading about me. I feel the exact same way. Every night for the past 6 weeks or so I wake up soaked . I even yelled at my husband for turning the heat up, but he told me it was at 62 degrees. He's freezing and I'm sweating. It used to be the other way around. Then in the morning i start out hot and then i get the chills. What's that all about! Guaranteed if i had my hormones checked they would come back normal. They always do. My gyn. must think I'm nuts . He must hear it all day. Going through these changes is such a rollercoaster. Do you ever get off the ride!!!

I put cinnamon in my smoothies for years and i still have night sweats. Do you have to use a certain amt. I ususally do one shake of the bottle.

Last edited by s cubed; 11-13-2009 at 07:17 AM.

Old 11-13-2009, 05:38 PM   #10
(female)

tobyholic HB User

I'm honestly thinking of trying the cinnamon. I just started eating flax seed yesterday and eating tofu (no taste at all). I'm desperate!! These night sweats are coming in waves and it's intolerable!!! I feel like a walking zombie and it's hard to concentrate at work. How about a smoothie made out of cinnamon, flax seed and tofu??? LOL LOL LOL

Old 11-13-2009, 06:35 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB User

That sounds like a real yummy smoothie!!! blah!!! I've never heard of cinnamon working for sweats but I do know it does help regulating your blood sugars, maybe the two are related. I do know that before I started taking Black Cohosh (80 mg), I would have terrible night sweats. I would wake up constantly hot then cold, covers on then off. But after taking Black Cohosh, I do not wake up at all with night sweats!!

Missy

Closed Thread